Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Conversation Between alankay and duncfunk

2 Visitor Messages

1. Yep headaches can be a big symptom. Scary too. I used to get chest pains that I swore were real. Turned out to be psychosomatic. Once my anxiety was decreased with treatment, those are a thing of the past but at the time I was convinced I had a terminal heart problem. Anxiety will make your skull/facial muscles, jaw, neck and shoulder muscles tighten up(without realizing it) and give you those symptoms. Try and relax ALL those muscles while seated with some deep breaths. It may help that headache.
  2. Hi Alan

You responded to one of my messages on the forum in the last few days and said it was ok to message you again. I hope this is still ok.

I'm seriously concerned about my constant headaches and wonder whether this is a common sympton for anxiety sufferers? Its over three months since they started and I have experienced about 2 weeks of that headache free. It starts early morning and is present all day. My anxiety is going through the roof again - I seem to control it for a short time then boom, im off again. The headache is mainly left sided and today its stretching across my eye. As a result of these headaches, I have developed some health anxiety issues and have diagnosed myself with all sorts of conditions to be honest. However, it was my headache that started first and all anxiety followed afterwards.

All the best,
    Duncan
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 2 of 2