PDA

View Full Version : Physical Symptom- Tingling

Bradtt
03-25-2012, 09:46 PM
Hi Guys, I am new to this, and am interested to know more about my physical symptoms. My only real symptoms is tingling, primarily in the left foot (i am right handed). Occasionally this in accompanied by mild muscular discomfort in the foot. My Dr has said that it is all anxiety related, and not a neurological disorder. I have read that it is very common, however why only on the left side, and does this take a long time to heal?

Really appreciate comments and experiences.

ladywillow
03-25-2012, 09:56 PM
Not too sure why it happens, but it happens to me too. I get tingling in one or two toes on my left foot, and sometimes numbness in only one finger. It's a bit disconcerting, but you get used to it. It comes and goes depending on how much stress I'm feeling at the time. Hope this helps :)

laurandisorder
03-26-2012, 12:55 AM
In extreme attacks, I lose ALL of the feeling in my hands and feet. They tingle and go completely numb. It seems very scary - especially when driving, but it is just my body preparing for flight.

Sometimes I feel like I'm about to literally take off!!

It's from hyperventilation and the body re-directing blood from the extremities to the vital organs. Science explains it, but it doesn't always seem to make sense mid-attack!!

xx

ck511tk
04-09-2012, 06:16 PM
Hi, I am new here. I have been dealing with anxiety / depression for about 10 years now. I just wanted to say I am glad to read about this foot numbness being common. I had a really bad panic attack on Saturday and almost had another one yesterday, and since then, I have has this numbness in my left foot on and off. I figure it has to be anxiety related. I always lose feeling in my hands and feet when I have panic attacks. I think I am just a little on- edge right now because I am worried about having another one.