PDA

View Full Version : hydration and anxiety

biceps72
03-23-2012, 10:27 PM
I suffer from GAD and have been fairly successful dealing with it although I do use klonopin daily.

Shortly after I developed GAD I increased my exercise effort significantly (both cardio and strength conditioning) and cleaned up my diet all of which helped a lot.

I also started drinking more water and gatoraide type drinks. I go low- cal on the drinks but have continued to drink between 64-100 ounces of RO water daily.

I try and drink 64 ounces of water by noon daily and continue into the evening. I honestly feel that staying properly hydrated has helped my anxiety greatly.

For those of you so inclined give hydration a shot. You will urinate a lot more but that is a small price to pay imo.

Anyone else found increased hydration to help their anxiety?

Chiliphil1
03-24-2012, 05:42 AM
Yep, I agree with you here, although I don't drink nearly as much water ad you do!

After all this junk started for me I switched to water almost exclusively, I cut out the soft drinks and the energy drinks and noticed a big difference. I also changed my diet and really started watching the amount of food I was eating, I tried the exercises thing but had some issues there that I'm still working on.

I feel that it did help my anxiety, and another plus was that by controlling my diet better I lost about 30 pounds which helps my confidence and gives me a sense of achievement.

mom2-3
03-24-2012, 03:23 PM
Yes absolutely. Plenty of water and lean protein through the day.

momof31977
03-24-2012, 03:25 PM
I notice a huge improvement in my anxiety when I'm hydrated and maintain my blood sugar level.

laurandisorder
03-24-2012, 10:00 PM
My anxiety makes me super thirsty (dry mouth) and I easily get through 3-4L of water a day when I used to struggle.

This sounds a bit dumb, but on occasion, I can get so into my work or whatever I am doing that I forget to drink, start to get uncomfortable feelings and anxiety onset... Water really, really helps.