PDA

View Full Version : anxiety attack that lasts?

Ashllee_S
03-22-2012, 10:56 PM
I am currently on Celexa for my anxiety and have xanex for the times my anxiety gets out of control. Well yesterday around noon a bad anxiety attack hit so bad that my xanex did not help my chest hurt so bad, I went to the doctor they ran an EKG, found nothing. I am healthy so they say, but I still have the deep down pain in my chest.... Has anyone ever have a hard time shaking the chest pain from a bad anxiety attack?

ladywillow
03-22-2012, 11:00 PM
Yeah - when you get all stressed your body tenses up. Its probably the muscles complaining :)

Ashllee_S
03-22-2012, 11:02 PM
Thank you.

ladywillow
03-22-2012, 11:34 PM
I hope that helped :) sometimes ya just need some reassurance :)

cat28
03-23-2012, 07:40 AM
My chest is always hurting

jon mike
03-23-2012, 10:53 AM
I am currently on Celexa for my anxiety and have xanex for the times my anxiety gets out of control. Well yesterday around noon a bad anxiety attack hit so bad that my xanex did not help my chest hurt so bad, I went to the doctor they ran an EKG, found nothing. I am healthy so they say, but I still have the deep down pain in my chest.... Has anyone ever have a hard time shaking the chest pain from a bad anxiety attack?

Sounds like muscle pain from around the chest cavity, very sensitive area and is prone to a "dull" ache from people who can't relax as much as they should.
Treat it like a bad back, if its there so what x

ladywillow
03-23-2012, 12:52 PM
Just thought I would reassure you a bit more :) I went for a massage today and we worked on the front part of the chest, right near the sternum. My massage therapist said she had never felt muscles so tight! No wonder I was having chest pains! I'm not gonna lie, that massage was quite painful, but since then I have felt way better. I am a muscle buncher when I'm stressed and going for massage has helped me out immensely!