PDA

View Full Version : Please help!

cat28
03-21-2012, 02:02 AM
I have severe anxiety and I'm driving myself nuts! Let me start by telling you that I'm 25 and I've had anxiety for 9 years. It just keeps getting worse. I have chest pain daily and right now I'm laying in bed thinking that I'm going to die. Recently I have gotten internal tremors that make me think I have ALS. I've also started getting pains in my head and I think I'm gonna have a stroke. I've been to to ER several times and my heart always checks out fine. I was just there last month! But what if they missed something and there's something wrong with my heart. I have a 3 month old son and I don't want to die! Does anyone else feel these things?

jeremyfresno
03-21-2012, 02:08 AM
hey cat28,

Im 23 and i know what it feels like to be laying down feeling like youre going to die because my anxiety can get so severe. Keep in mind that you may be getting close to a panic attack so try to remain calm and relax so it doesnt get to that point. Im sure there is nothing wrong with you and its just your anxiety kicking in. Its pretty rare to misread a EKG and if the doctors at your hosital said you are fine that youre fine. You just have to relax so it doesnt trigger your anxiety cause im sure you know stress can cause that. Relax kay

~Jeremy

cat28
03-21-2012, 02:14 AM
Thanks! I try not to let it take control but it's so hard. I wish it was easy to deal with these symptoms

jeremyfresno
03-21-2012, 02:19 AM
I know it's hard!!! Especially right in the moment you have the symptoms but hang in there!! You control anxiety don't let it control you!!! Look at it in the face and don't be scares of it!! You got this!!

anxiousmess
03-21-2012, 01:11 PM
hiya. i have been in your very position, and i bet many others on this board have too.

the main thing that helped me, after years of struggling and suffering was acceptance. once i finally accepted that i had anxiety, i was able to control it a little bit better.

i haven't fully accepted - just today, i was vomiting off my migraine. it led me to believe i had something terribly wrong and there was a possibilty of me dying. i made an appointment at the doctors - an hour later, i cancelled it.

a few month back, i would have went to the doctors - would have came away thinking the doctor had missed something and not only been anxious over that, but would have been anxious over what the doctor thought of me.
the way i done it today, i made myself feel better off my own back. i didn't go to the doctors - and i certainly didn't die! my migraine has gone also :D

i feel like i'm waffling on again! basically, instead of searching for an illness you think you might have...whenever you feel like you're dying - google anxiety symptoms. learn yourself the symptoms, and then recognise them when they are happening :)
i hope that helps