PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety and the Doctor.

PhobiasLiveInMe
03-20-2012, 08:06 PM
So I finally broke down and set up a therapist and all that happy stuff to get my anxiety under-control.

Today was my appointment and thus followed the worst panic attack of my life, but in the long run I guess getting said panic attack was a good thing because I was able to show my therapist just how bad my anxiety is.

So now I have to see my therapist once a week and I have to wait 'till April to be able to see someone about going on medication.

I don't even know why I'm writing all this, maybe as a post of a slight success? I don't know.

It's going to be a while till I feel 'normal' again, but I have faith I can do it. Thanks to everyone who has been helpful since I've joined this forum.

leetbulldog
03-20-2012, 08:39 PM
you will come out of this!!! u will see :0)

PhobiasLiveInMe
03-20-2012, 09:34 PM
I guess today is just frustrating because nothing is helping my anxiety. But thank you for the support. =)

jeremyfresno
03-20-2012, 11:26 PM
Phobiasliveinme,

its ok to have an attack with your therapist now she knows exactly what you go through and perhaps the topic you guys were talking about may have caused it as well. Sometimes they're our subconscious thoughts that trigger our attacks. Im glad youre seeing a therapist because sometimes you may just need to talk to someone who is not a friend or family to let your emotions out and get in touch with your inner soul. Hope therapy helps and your attacks come to a minimum. Just remember try to be stress free that will help the most