PDA

View Full Version : natural remedies

plumb
03-20-2012, 11:50 AM
hi. i am going to try some natural remedies because anxiety been high past few weeks and feel need to try something new. was wondering what any people on here have had expierence of what yous felt worked best. thanks

jeremyfresno
03-20-2012, 05:30 PM
Holy basil works for me

plumb
03-21-2012, 12:55 PM
Holy basil works for me

iv never heard of it, what is it?
has anybody else tried it? anybody else tried something diffrent?

nf1234
03-21-2012, 01:54 PM
Try Bach's Rescue Remedy, it's quick working and you just have to put a few drops under the tongue and wait. Also try to eliminate caffeine and alcohol from your diet. There are many tea's you can try that have calming effects. Tension Tamer by celestial seasonings is good during the day time and their Sleepytime EXTRA is good at night time. The is a product called Natural Calm which is a powdered magnesium supplement. Magnesium is supposed to be very good for calming the nerves. Make sure you are getting a good balanced diet, a multi vitamin might help.

plumb
03-22-2012, 12:07 PM
i went into local health shop today to get some knd of magnesium, the man in shop suggested these herbal tablets called 'de-stress' to try after i explained , he said to go back in 2 weeks and let him know if i found them to help , it is said to contain ' 35% methanolic extract of hops equivalent to 200mg extract of valerian equivalent to 160mg 60% ethanolic extract of passion flower equiavlent to 130mg' so im goin to give them a try. also gave me a tea to drink half hour before bed ' valerian plus'. really hope they help on the other hand i hope i dont stop taking them and i feel terrible again. anybody have any expierence of any of the stuff mentiond? thanks

PanicCured
03-23-2012, 10:04 AM
This seems like the most comprehensive remedy for anxiety:
https://www.easternessentials.com/stay-calm-and-relaxed-formula/

liveitup898
03-23-2012, 01:14 PM
natural remedies:

chamomile tea
bananas
vitamin b supplements
chelated magnesium
flax see oil
exercise

PanicCured
03-23-2012, 03:30 PM
Chamomile tea is a staple! B Vitamins and Calcium can overstimulate someone with anxiety.

liveitup898
03-23-2012, 03:50 PM
sorry but what exactly do you mean when you say it can overstimulate??

when i had anxiety attacks come on, i would take a B vitamin and it would definitly work....for me at least.

chamomile tea i have no necessarily noticed it helping but i try i drink it anyway.

laurandisorder
03-26-2012, 06:57 AM
Oh man.

I am doing ALL the wrong things!
I have to take a calcium supplement because I have low bone density due to Eating Disorder history. I have broken both wrists, fractured spine, right hand, and right foot (twice) in the last 12 years. So I take caltrate with vitamin D, iron, fish oil, a multi-vitamin and berocca every morning.

Could the berocca, which gives me 700% of my vitamin B for the day be provoking anxiety?
Might try taking my usual handful of pills with water tomorrow!!

knp
04-05-2012, 12:39 PM
I have been using natural supplement for anxiety attacks
I have been using l theanine for mental calmness
Inositol for physical anxiety and also take b complex that is my happy pill hope this help

Be brave

leetbulldog
04-05-2012, 06:21 PM
Will vitamin B12 help with anxiety?

PanicCured
04-05-2012, 09:04 PM
If you take calcium, then just add in a good Magnesium chelate to balance it out. The calcium does excite the nerves, but magnesium relaxes it. They work together. I recommend Magnesium Glycinate or Magnesium Taurate. Evenif you don't take calcium, I think Magnesium is a good supplement as part of the healing process for anxiety. B Vitamins are stimulating. Good for you normally, but when you are anxious, a feather can knock you down. Also, from what I understand, B Vitamins you generally want to take in a complex, not just one at a time.

Velerian does different things to different people. It made me feel worse! I prefer Passionflower Extract, Chamomile, Skullcap.

The Eastern Essentials Chinese herbal formula, Calm and Relaxed seems to be a very full spectrum treatment for anxiety. Read what he wrote in the Product Info and you will see how this is designed for the type of people who frequent this site. I've been taking it lately for stress relief and it works! The goal is not just to get past an anxious episode, but to rebuild your nerves and get you back to health.

Heres the link: https://www.easternessentials.com/stay-calm-and-relaxed-formula/

plumb
04-09-2012, 07:27 AM
the eastern essentials formula looks great if it does what it says, have you personally tried it? it is quite pricey but definetly a small price to pay if it could get this monkey off my back and i could be anxiety free

PanicCured
04-10-2012, 05:26 AM
Hey Plumb. I have taken it for stress relief. It's definitely high quality stuff. It's actually not that pricey because you get 3 bottles for the price which lasts at least a month. I think it's great for long term healing and renourishing your nervous system. I think magnesium and chamomile should be taken too. Let us know how you do on it. I guess worst case scenario is it'll just make you healthier.