PDA

View Full Version : Pregnant & on medication

mommy.n
03-20-2012, 09:54 AM
I am pregnant with anxiety, although anxiety is not new to me. This is my 3rd (if u count a miscarriage last summer then it's 4th) pregnancy & I have had anxiety with each one, but not only when I am pregnant.

Last yr I quit medication because I was pregnant & feeling great & I was on low dose......4 weeks later it was a nightmare & I had to stay with my parents so thy could take care of my 2 kids, I couldn't get off the couch. I had a miscarriage at that point (7 weeks).

Now I am on 300mg of Effexor since then (I was on 37.5 for so long doing amazing. & I screwed it up by stopping my medication).

This time around I lowered my 300 to 225 & bam...4 weeks later I'm all anxiety & a different person & feeling crazy. It's hell.......so back up to 300mg it's been 1 week so I am trying to be patient that this drug will help me again like before.

300mg Effexor & pg I know it scarey plz don't judge me for that, I have no choice.

If there is anyone pregnant with anxiety feel free to MSG me if you want

Razzle
03-20-2012, 11:40 AM
You are no doubt going into drug withdrawal each time you stop. It can take a very long time to recover from these drugs. It may not be your original anxiety coming back at all. I took an AD for two weeks and it took me 18 months to recover. I took benzos for a few months and it took me 28 months to recover

NEVER AGAIN!!

mommy.n
03-22-2012, 12:34 PM
Razzle, it feels very much like the anxiety tho.....but I think part of it is withdrawl as well. It's very scary. I don't think I have the strength to ever get off. Right now I won't for sure or I can't handle the pregnancy.