PDA

View Full Version : Can't overcome my anxiety

pancha
03-20-2012, 09:53 AM
Hello,

I've been struggling with anxiety for 3 and a half years. I've been on medication (Xanax) for short periods of time, in order not to become addicted to it, and I've been doing cognitive behavioral therapy for a year. I've been through some horrible times and, just when I thought I had learned to change my negative thoughts and overcome anxiety on my own, I see it has reappeared, for no apparent reason. I'm again restless, feeling afraid and even terrified, especially during the night and ijn the morning. What's up with that? Does not anything work? I'm starting to feel I'll have to face anxiety all my life, like flu. I really don't get why it's stuck and won't go away and I swear I've learned all the possible techniques and my therapist was very proud of me. Recently, I've been going through some changes in my life, maybe they're the cause.
I really need some advice from someone going through similar stuff. What should I do? My anxiety is not continuous, as it used to be, it's only from time to time, but it's very disturbing. I'm exhausted because of my sleep problems. Should I go to the doctor to prescribe me some meds again?

I'm looking forward to your opinions and I'm very glad I found this forum, it's a huge comfort!

tony s
03-21-2012, 01:51 AM
Yes I agree with u there I find the forum brilliant when I sence an a attack coming on I always come in for a read

jeremyfresno
03-21-2012, 02:13 AM
Hey pancha,

im glad your anxiety is getting better so is mine. Its a great relief when you are able to have more control of it. What has helped me to keep it under control is to talk about is and drinking teas and living a more stress free life. Try taking holy basil it realy helps and its all natural. Also I just started my youtube page on anxiety check it out!! It tells you my story and my symptoms. Im going to put more up soon as well. Hopefull it helps....Please leave a comment and Like

www.youtube.com/user/jeremyfresno