PDA

View Full Version : Hello!

BabyBlues
01-05-2007, 06:41 AM
I'm a 26 year old female from Ohio who was just diagnosed last Friday with Anxiety. I began meds then and they have helped me tremendously! I have spent hours reading over this and another site. It is so good to find a place with people suffering from the same things on a daily basis. This is definitely not something easily explained to others, trust me I've tried! I've had anxiety for almost a year but was just now brave enough to go to a doctors for fear that I had something much worse. I look forward to getting to know you all and this frustrating Anxiety better!!

jitters
01-07-2007, 08:58 AM
Anxiety meds take time to work, Unless they are tranquilisers, Usually about 6 weeks however due to the nature of the illness the idea of treatment does help us to feel better straight away. Which is a good thing becuase not only does it make us feel better, but it reminds us that the anxiety is the cause. I hope that you find this commuinty helpful I find it comforting to see that others are dealing with the same issues and that so many have overcome their troubles and got on with their lifes. I hope you continue to improve and feel better soon.

Duncan