PDA

View Full Version : Ativan and Tylenol

ladywillow
03-19-2012, 10:40 PM
So I have a question. Well - maybe a couple of questions ;)

First, how long does it take for ativan to wear off? Second, my pharmacist said I can take tylenol and ativan together. I'm just scared. Anyone done this?

ladywillow
03-19-2012, 11:23 PM
Thanks kev :) I'm a bit obsessive sometimes. I took an ativan earlier today (floated as long as I could, and then I started fighting...) and would like to take one before bed, but I have this terrible headache and I don't want to have to choose one or the other. I'm going to bite the bullet and take them both, darn it!

ladywillow
03-19-2012, 11:29 PM
Maybe...... I'm a freakin' spaz. Seriously!

ladywillow
03-19-2012, 11:35 PM
AND now I'm spazzing because I forgot I have to take my cipralex too. Ack! Cipralex, Ativan and Tylenol. Oh my! What to do. What to do.

ladywillow
03-19-2012, 11:53 PM
Oh no worries about the rattling! My brains been doing that ALL FREAKIN DAY HAHA. If you don't hear from me tomorrow you know that this combo is a no-go ;)

ladywillow
03-20-2012, 09:48 AM
Okay I woke up this morning so yay!

Chiliphil1
03-20-2012, 11:39 AM
Glad to hear, as far as my knowledge tylenol is safe with just about any other medication. The only thing that you have to be careful of is the amount, the daily max is 4000 mg which is ALOT so, as long as your not taking them every hour, and your liver is healthy I wouldn't worry at all.

ladywillow
03-20-2012, 01:47 PM
I try not to take anything unless it is absolutely needed. I only took 1 extra strengh tylenol :) And I'm not gonna lie, I had the best sleep I have had in weeks!

Chiliphil1
03-20-2012, 05:17 PM
I used to feel that way about things, the only time I would take meds was when I had a headache that would not go away, and I resisted then. But one thing that has come from anxiety strangely enough is a willingness to let meds help me, I hurt so bad from my physical symptoms, so I had to do something, also I now take a daily anti depressant, plus pain meds when I need them. I also take ativan or xanax when needed, I had to talk myself into it at first, but once I realized it helped I took on a new view, I went from I don't want pills to it helps why not. I don't go crazy with it, but I don't see the point of hurting when I don't have to.

alankay
03-20-2012, 06:06 PM
Your pharmacist is 100% correct. Alankay