PDA

View Full Version : 32 wks pregnant & anxious about sleeping & being alone :(

gemgem76
03-19-2012, 12:38 PM
I'm currently 32 wks pg with 2nd child and my anxiety is at a high. I struggle to sleep & when I do wake up only after 2 hrs all through the night. I get anxious and can calm down but it's a struggle. I feel clostrphobic about the dark & keep a night light on. I was putting the tv on but not helping & kept me awake.
I have been to the docs but as pg can't have any meds to help sleep or feel calm. I am doing all the relaxing techniques going before bed & during the night but nothing helps the anxiety as night time comes & I start worrying. I am now anxious through the day on & off worrying about feeling anxious!
I can calm down by thinking or doing something (audio books at night) and I have great support but I still feel so alone with this & like I will go crazy with anxiety & stress. Help, I need to know I'm not mad :/

Ashllee_S
03-22-2012, 10:39 AM
You are not mad or crazy. My anxiety sets in at night as well, when I have time to sit and let my brain run wild! its not fun by anymeans. Im sorry you have this while pg. It should get better after baby is born, your hormones could be causing this if you never had anxiety before you were pg. Good luck :)

alankay
03-22-2012, 12:33 PM
Ask about the antihistamine atarax(hydroxyzine). It's an old drug that has anti anxiety effects and might be safe for you. Alankay

wanttoheal
03-22-2012, 03:57 PM
I'm currently 32 wks pg with 2nd child and my anxiety is at a high. I struggle to sleep & when I do wake up only after 2 hrs all through the night. I get anxious and can calm down but it's a struggle. I feel clostrphobic about the dark & keep a night light on. I was putting the tv on but not helping & kept me awake.
I have been to the docs but as pg can't have any meds to help sleep or feel calm. I am doing all the relaxing techniques going before bed & during the night but nothing helps the anxiety as night time comes & I start worrying. I am now anxious through the day on & off worrying about feeling anxious!
I can calm down by thinking or doing something (audio books at night) and I have great support but I still feel so alone with this & like I will go crazy with anxiety & stress. Help, I need to know I'm not mad :/

Hi - so sorry you are going through this. Even when you have support if the people around you don't understand anxiety it can be very isolating.
There are dr's who specialize in medicine and pregnancy. You might want to find one in your area. I know people are so afraid of medication and pregnancy but not sleeping and feeling stressed aren't good for the baby either.