PDA

View Full Version : how to overcome driving anxiety?

transam1170
03-19-2012, 12:11 PM
hi, i been getting a bit more driving anxiety, seems like it stops me from just driving to another borough, whats the best way to overcome this?, i feel safe when im with someone but when im by myself its sorta hard, any ideas or help would be appreciated, thank you!

ladywillow
03-19-2012, 12:15 PM
When I am bad I make myself go out and drive by myself Kay for a few blocks. Then a few hours a few more blocks. I have to do this every day or else I would never be able to leave.

ladywillow
03-19-2012, 12:15 PM
When I am bad I make myself go out and drive by myself Kay for a few blocks. Then a few hours a few more blocks. I have to do this every day or else I would never be able to leave.

Holy bad typing!

Jemk85
03-22-2012, 03:47 PM
Hey lady, I need to build my reply posts to start messaging people

laurandisorder
03-24-2012, 02:40 AM
I also get horrific driving anxiety at times. Some of my worst attacks happen behind the wheel and it is awful, tunnel vision, numb hands and feet, not exactly safe driving conditions.

I have overcome anxiety a number of times (and relapsed), the only way I was able to get over the driving anxiety was through exposure.

Start off by just sitting in your car for 15 min, then sitting in the car whilst it is running. Then move onto around the block repeatedly until you feel symptoms kick in, if they don't drive a distance away until the anxiety does kick in, monitor your symptoms and drive home. Be persistent, I once thought I would never be able to drive again and even though I still struggle, most of the time I am able to push through with only mild discomfort.

knp
04-05-2012, 01:36 PM
Before driving I take l theanine it's calms you down not sleepy
Inositol for physical anxiety

transam1170
04-07-2012, 09:04 AM
Is theanine safe? And what exactly is it?

knp
04-07-2012, 11:20 AM
Is theanine safe? And what exactly is it?

L theanine is compound found in green tea it's 100% safe per my knowledge I have been taking quite often
it calms without drowsiness
I take 600 mg
For some 200mg is enough
Take small dose and slowly increase L theanine counteracts effect of caffeine

Also rescue remedy is good it's all natural

Brand I use jarrow or doctors best