PDA

View Full Version : hi

sarahbeth
03-18-2012, 07:18 PM
Hi I an new here ,my name is Sarah ,iv suffered from anxiety since I was about 16 and I am now 28 and lately its getting worse.

I got put on hormones therapy by gp and the risks and thought of the side effects cause bad anxiety attacks. Every time I feel a ache or a pain anxiety attack comes on, I think something bads happening.

Trying to get better but some days are worse then others.

Sarah x

pen77
03-18-2012, 07:54 PM
hi sarah,
im new aswell, i have suffered panic attacks/anxiety since i was 19 and im now 34, whats hormone therapy? as im from australia dont know if we have that here,

sarahbeth
03-18-2012, 08:48 PM
Hi, hormone therapy is where they put you on prescription drugs ,like estrogen to top up your hormones if you have a hormone problem.

They say it increases the risk of dvt and cancer etc. Was anxious tonight. I blame the medication for all the symptoms I feel and also the anxiety, iv talked to Dr and he says its just anxiety and I am fine.

I guess I dont believe him.

sarahbeth
03-18-2012, 08:54 PM
Hormone therapy is medication drs put you on ,estrogen.it tops up your hormones when you have a hormone imbalance ,it has risks like dvt and cancer which makes me so anxious.

pen77
03-19-2012, 07:22 AM
Wow that would make u anxious more i know i certainly would be , im anxious all the time day or night i have anxiety n panic attacks , my life is not my life if u know what i mean,

ladywillow
03-19-2012, 09:07 AM
Hi Sarah! Welcome to the board. question for you, if you feel like answering - what did they put you on hormone therapy for? I'm 32 and I suffer from a metabolic disorder that includes polycystic ovarian syndrome and metabolic syndrome x. My doctor said that people who suffer from hormonal disorders tend to develop anxiety if they are predisposed to it. I've been doing a bit of research on the 'net and it looks like that seems to happen to women a lot.

sarahbeth
03-19-2012, 11:57 AM
Hi ladywillow. , I not sure of the cause, got to have tests done but my estrogen levels where lower then what they should be for a woman my age. I have been prone to anxiety ,since my teenge years.

I think its linked to hormones ,anxiety is listed as a side effect of progynova.

Today I saw my gp ,booked tests and got a repeat prescription and she took my blood pressure ,it was slightly up and just that alone gave me anxiety, but I am trying not to let it get to me today ,because I am taking my mum to dinner for mothersday as I could not get a table on mothersday.

Anxiety iv battled with and lately its got worse ,when they happen I gag for air ,it stops when I gain controll of my breathing.

Todays been a better day so far. Iv learnt some relaxing methods which helped last night.

Sarah x

ladywillow
03-19-2012, 12:05 PM
Relaxation techniques are key! And don't worry about your blood pressure too much. It was probably white coat syndrome.