PDA

View Full Version : Panic on waking

pam2738
03-17-2012, 08:14 PM
I get panic attacks the minute I wake up in the morning. Out of the blue since there is really nothing going on that is fearful. I take .5 mg of Klonipin at bedtime for sleeping & usually wake up around 8.

I take 20 mg of Lexapro in the mornings after I am up.

During the day I am sometimes very shaky & faint feeling.

Does this ring any bells & if so, what to do?

Pam

miss_mac666
03-17-2012, 08:17 PM
the shaking and faint feeling are from the k pins. i know that much

kmarie30
03-18-2012, 04:58 AM
I get panic attacks the minute I wake up in the morning. Out of the blue since there is really nothing going on that is fearful. I take .5 mg of Klonipin at bedtime for sleeping & usually wake up around 8.

I take 20 mg of Lexapro in the mornings after I am up.

During the day I am sometimes very shaky & faint feeling.

Does this ring any bells & if so, what to do?

Pam

When I wake in the mornings I am a shaking mess. And my anxiety makes me very dizzy and in balanced feeling. I feel like my back of neck and shoulders and all down my arms are just quivering. It's hard to funtion. I feel as though I have to do a lot of self talk to get out of bed so I don't fear the shakes. The whole disorder is the shits:(

kmarie30
03-18-2012, 10:23 AM
Its because cortisol is highest in the morning to prepare the body for waking .

Most people with anxiety have it worse in the morning and some in the after noon .

cheers kev :)

I'm dizzy every day when I wake and it's the fear of it going on one more miserable day everyday. I'm starting a new job tomorrow and anxiety makes the dizzy so much worse. It's both terrifying and depressing. The only thing that calms it is the Ativan. I think it started with an inner ear thing as the panic and anxiety was secondary. But it's been 6 months of this garbage and being a once strong busy and high personality person it's reduced me to a grumpy non talkative unmotivated person. My family says they haven't seen me smile in months. So want my life back and want to do good at this new position tomorrow. Heard of the dizzys?

pam2738
03-20-2012, 08:51 PM
Why do you say that? I've been taking .5 mg of Klonipin for years for sleeping & it works just fine. How is it causing the wobblies & faintness in the afternoons?

ladywillow
03-20-2012, 08:56 PM
It's always worse for me in the mornings. And all of it is the darned anxiety. Stupid crappy adrenaline!

pammy
03-20-2012, 09:16 PM
In addition to a normal high a.m. in cortisol...possibly low blood sugar?

jeremyfresno
03-20-2012, 11:04 PM
Forwells has a strong point, your cortisol level is always highest in the morning! I use to wake up daily shaking basically i would wake up immediately having a panic attack. I started taking holy basil and it helped me regulate my cortisol and sugar levels and i dont eake up like that anymore. I still might make up occasionally tensed with my jaw clinched and feeling a slight shakey but not as bad as before.

Meche
03-21-2012, 12:04 AM
I've had this for the last few mornings. Wake up with an inner tremble and feel so sick. I also toss and turn so much during the night I get really stiff and it takes me a while to get going. I hate it! Can't wait to wake up feeling refreshed and ready to go. xx