PDA

View Full Version : Going to movies...Scared

sadinsa
03-16-2012, 01:38 PM
Hi everyone,

I am about to leave to go to the movies with my kids. It wouldn't bother me as much if the theater wasn't 30 minutes away. We have a coupon from Groupon that I bought before this all started happening. Its for a theater on the other side of town. If anyone believes in God and prays please pray for strength for me. Thanks

ladywillow
03-16-2012, 01:44 PM
I am praying for you right now. i know what it's like going outside of your comfort zone. I did it today. It's hard but I felt really good about it when I was done :)

ladywillow
03-16-2012, 07:35 PM
How did the movie trip work out?

03-16-2012, 07:51 PM
Have you heard of the book Anxiety and Phobia Workbook? It has tips on social anxiety and agoraphobia. I think it would help you a lot. I have been using it and it has helped me immensely.

sadinsa
03-16-2012, 08:25 PM
Thanks everyone, for your support. It went really well. I feel so good because I did something I didn't really want to do. I just kept telling myself that my worst fears have not even happened. I also told myself that if I start to feel uncomfortable I will deal with it and I will be okay. We ended visiting family on that side of town afterwards. I even got stuck in traffic for almost an hour and I was fine. Tonight my husband asked if we could go to this festival tomorrow that is about an hour away. I don't want to go but am thinking I should at least try. I might end up having fun. I think the more successes we have the better we will feel. I don't know we will see how tomorrow goes. Thanks again.

ladywillow
03-16-2012, 11:05 PM
YAY! I'm glad it worked out for you! Isn't it the best feeling?! I think it's a great idea for you to try to go to the festival tomorrow. I find that the more time I spend at home, the harder it is for me to leave. That's why today I went out for about an hour and also went to dinner for the first time in about 2 months. It was hard at first, but I think I did a good job :) I'm so happy for you!