PDA

View Full Version : An awesome way to ease the mind! (if you have time)

miss_mac666
03-16-2012, 10:03 AM
so my bf gave me 14 of his old band t shirts that he doesnt wear anymore. i had a brilliant idea to make them into chick t shirts!! i made a few into small tees that i can wear in the summer. i tore those things apart and sewed them back together by hand. i am obsessed and its a great way to distract my mind from my silly anxiety. and i am being so creative! now i dont have to go summer shopping and waste tons of money!! and its wicked easy to do this stuff :-D it makes me happy and keeps me calm because it requires alot of focus

Claire

anxiousmess
03-16-2012, 01:06 PM
that actually sounds quite fun! especially with band t shirts. they have some good pictures on them :) if you like stuff like that, would you not like scrapbooking? we have courses on doing that, just as like a relaxing hobby thing. also, colouring in is quite theraputic :)

ladywillow
03-16-2012, 01:53 PM
I love colouring!!!!!! I love being creative. I crochet and knit and make chainmaille jewelry. It keeps my hands busy and I can do it while I'm watching tv! I also sew and make quilts.

A couple of years ago when I was really bad I started sewing myself summer dresses with handmade elastic smocking. It was so time consuming but it turned out great and it kept my mind busy for hours!!!

YAY for being creative and doing something with that nervous energy :)

miss_mac666
03-16-2012, 02:33 PM
yea see all these crafts are awesome for easing your mind!! i just made another t and i have it on haha.