PDA

View Full Version : Not feeling like me

Marmoset
03-16-2012, 07:30 AM
Hi, I'm new to here.

I have been suffering from anxiety and panic attacks for the last 4 months. I think it all started after I had food poisoning. I felt better after a day and then went away for a weekend after that. Was in a large shopping mall when I started to feel dizzy and nauseus out of the blue. Started to feel panicky and rushed the bathroom. When nothing happened I had to get out and felt trapped. From then on I have had repeated panic attacks, insomnia and agorophobia.

After blood tests and medical checkups doctor put me on Cipralex. I don't know if this has helped much. Also been seeing a therapist for CBT. It has helped a bit with me being able to cope when a panic attack starts.

Unfortunately, I have developed depression from the constant anxiety. I used to be such a relaxed and happy person before this.
I so badly want to get back to 'normal' but feel so completely overwhelmed by how my life has deteriorated.

It helps knowing that I am not alone and that this is happening to other people, as you think you are losing your mind.
I don't know of anyone around me that has had this condition, so it's hard to talk to my friends and family as they don't understand what I'm going through.

Jemk85
03-18-2012, 04:17 AM
Trust me, I know how you feel! I find myself most commonly worrying about how terrifying a panic attack is that I end up giving myself one... It's like anxiety worrying about anxiety. I've learned to convince myself whenever I feel my heart beating really fast that I'm not dying and it is just the feeling of panic. With other OCDs it's hard to tell myself to STOP WORRYING, though everytime the feeling eventually subsides and with time you will learn to trust your instinct that there is nothing wrong with you and you are going to be okay.

MainerMikeBrown
03-18-2012, 01:42 PM
Some people think that nobody understands what they're going through. That's where group therapy can help. In group therapy, you'll be with other people with similar issues. Hence, you won't feel like your the only person dealing with symptoms such as this.

ladywillow
03-18-2012, 03:30 PM
Don't worry Marmoset. You aren't alone in this. I feel the exact same way. I'm on cipralex too. How long have you been on it? I just started mine a few weeks ago and it is JUST starting to make me feel like there is a light at the end of the tunnel. It takes a while. I was on cipralex a few years ago and it took a while for it to work, but when it did it was really helpful. Good for you going to CBT while on the meds. I wish I had done that the first time this reared it's ugly head :)

Marmoset
03-22-2012, 08:04 AM
Been on the Cipralex for 3 months now. Was thinking of coming off it or decreasing the dose soon, as I don't know if I'm getting side effects from it or if it is the anxiety?????? Dizziness, tired all the time, spaced out.
Has anyone here tried the panic puzzle program advertised? Would like to get some feedback. It sounds promising.........