PDA

View Full Version : Twitching!

Meche
03-14-2012, 02:24 PM
So my new thing is twitching :rolleyes:! Or is it a slight tremor - I can't really tell. My right leg (always my right side :confused:) feels springy like it's got a mind of its own. It doesn't do it all the time, I haven't got weakness and it's not numb or painful - just VERY annoying. It's only a problem when I'm sat/lay down. When I'm active it just feels a bit stiff but doesn't cause me any probs. I just know it's going to cause me another restless night. Went for a massage earlier and it was heaven :grin:. It has eased my neck & shoulders and my mind feels more relaxed. I also bought some herbal night tea from the health shop so hoping that helps too. Just this darn leg now!! Any suggestions! xx

anxiousmess
03-14-2012, 02:49 PM
hiya. could it possibly be a nerve trapped or something?
what about a nice hot bath with some of that muscle relaxing stuff? i can't remember the name of it! the herbal bubble bath stuff!
i'm pleased the massage helped! herbal tea is great also!

Meche
03-14-2012, 03:05 PM
No - it's not painful and hardly noticeable until it jerks. Saying that though when I'm deep in thought or pre-occupied by something else I don't think it happens. Maybe I've just answered my own question! Can't wait to get the herbal tea down me - just want to relax and fall asleep peacefully. xx

anxiousmess
03-14-2012, 03:16 PM
lol i answer my own questiions all the time!
herbal teas really do work! so good luck with it and i hope you have a good nights sleep x

jessed03
03-14-2012, 05:35 PM
It sounds like a lot of hidden tension is there.It's usually this hidden tension that causes twitching and spasms. Similarly after a long workout these things can happen as muscles are tight, when muscles are tight from stress, it causes the same problem. It could be a big factor in causing stress/tension headaches too?

Massages and relaxation definetly help ease it though :) You could even practice tightening muscles and releasing. Relaxation through tension. It helped me a lot. I'd just randomly tense muscles, and release them. Really helped with headaches, aches and switching.

Meche
03-15-2012, 01:22 AM
Thanks guys - I know I was joking about it but it really does worry me. Hate being out of control of my body - just seems to have a mind of its own lately. xx