PDA

View Full Version : Help with thoughts?

sadinsa
03-14-2012, 12:16 PM
Another question, I posted in another post that what my friend told me about her panic attacks scared me. She said last week she had terrible panic to the point of fainting and she is on medication. That scared the hell out of me. I have never had such a severe panic attack and I have suffered over 15 years. Does anyone know if some people are more prone to more severe panic than others. I am trying to self talk and reasssure myself that this won't happen to me. Any reassuring thoughts would be helpful. Thanks

theoryofchoice78
03-14-2012, 02:03 PM
Another question, I posted in another post that what my friend told me about her panic attacks scared me. She said last week she had terrible panic to the point of fainting and she is on medication. That scared the hell out of me. I have never had such a severe panic attack and I have suffered over 15 years. Does anyone know if some people are more prone to more severe panic than others. I am trying to self talk and reasssure myself that this won't happen to me. Any reassuring thoughts would be helpful. Thanks

Getting dizzy/fainting due to panic would seem to have more to do with breathing than anything. Panic can lead to hyperventilating can lead to seeing stars and lightheadedness can lead to more panic and hyperventilating. Vicious cycle kind of thing :)

sadinsa
03-14-2012, 10:29 PM
Hi,
Thanks for responding. I wanted to let you know that this afternoon I decided to not dwell on what my friend's symptoms are. I have never had that happen to me so it is not likely to happen. So, I decided to take the kids out to do something fun. We went bowling and then did a little shopping and afterwards we rented a movie. They had fun and most importantly so did I. I did feel some symptoms at times but thats all it was, symptoms.