PDA

View Full Version : can someone help me cope with these thoughts, and tell me if they're rational at all?

bentleychris23
03-13-2012, 04:27 PM
i was at the gym, and i see two guys who go to school with my girlfriend. one comes up to me and asks how many sets i have left on my machine. later i'm looking at them in the mirror and i see one of them give the a other a head nod towards me. i'm not positive if it was towards me, but i think it was some sort of head nod, and the other kid starts laughing. my anxiety is going, "what if he's done something with my girlfriend". i know it could be complllletely unrelated and coincidental, and there is 0 evidence of anything. please help.

jeremyfresno
03-13-2012, 04:37 PM
We all experience insecurity especially when it's a topic so sensitive and personal in this case its your girlfriend. Truth is you're over analyzing and jumping to conclusion to fast! I tend to do that a lot myself but you can't do that because what you're doing is just an assumption! You can be completely wrong! My advice, try to look past that cause you have no actual evidence of that speculation

anxiousmess
03-13-2012, 05:52 PM
chris, you need to get away from this. remember your irrational thinking last time over your girlfriend - this is just that. nothing more and nothing less. remember...anxiety. let it go :)

PanicCured
03-14-2012, 02:11 AM
How do we know his girlfriend is worthy of his trust? Chris, is she giving you signals that she could be playing you or that she is not straight up?

But it does seem you are jumping to conclusions very quickly without any evidence, and need to work on your jealousy. You don't own your girlfriend. As much as we'd like to think they are ours, women will always be independent and will always do whatever the hell they want.