PDA

View Full Version : any experience with zoloft; clonazepam or buspar?!

kate08
03-13-2012, 10:48 AM
hi! im currently taking lamictal, topamax and clonazepam for epilepsy. but, im also taking zoloft, buspar and clonazepam to control my depression (which is getting better) and the buspar to control my anxiety (which is getting worse). any experience with these drugs? or advice?

Caitatonic
03-13-2012, 11:45 AM
Zoloft didn't work for me. All it did was make my feet burn and give me insomnia if I took it at night.

Chiliphil1
03-13-2012, 02:50 PM
I have taken both buspar and zoloft, on the buspar I didn't seem to notice anything but tingling lips. The zoloft on the other hand worked well, the first couple weeks were hellacious it made my anxiety horrible, almost on the verge of paranoia, I took ativan to calm me down as needed, after the first couple weeks the anxious side effects wore off and I was able to stop the benzos, I noticed a difference but I had to stop taking it because after the 4th week it made me insanely tired, all I could think of and all I wanted to do was sleep. I am now taking Pristiq, I like it alot at first I had some side effects, mostly nausea and headaches but after about a week and a half those went away and I have felt really good since, I am almost a month in now and I notice a huge difference between myself then and now, made all the difference in the world for me, I feel like I'm in control again

alankay
03-13-2012, 05:02 PM
Zoloft was fine but gave me the munchies. Won't give everyone that though.
Never took buspar and have some clonazepam as it's a good long acting yet potent benzo used or both anxiety and epilepsy. Good med for most. Alankay

comikisses
03-21-2012, 04:31 PM
I need to ask a question . I was taking zoloft for one year. It went great for me especially that i worked so hard with myself to get over anxiety , i did reflexotherapy and read alot of positive books that i recomend ( the secret by rhonda byrne ) . I gained like 7 kg after one year. And it seems so hard to lose the weight now. Can someone tell me if he had this problem ? Thank you

Angela Hill
03-28-2012, 08:55 PM
I took Buspar and my anxiety got worse. I didn't take it for the 6 weeks it supposedly takes to get into your system and I had stopped Risperdal, which is why my doc thinks I got worse but who knows.

Angela Hill
03-28-2012, 08:56 PM
Oh sorry, and I took Zoloft for a good 6 months and eventually went to the hospital for my anxiety...I think it played a part because I don't seem to do well on SSRIs. But those are just my experiences.

mommy.n
03-29-2012, 09:29 AM
Dr added buspar once to speed up the Effexor XR, but it didn't make a difference for me

rouxleaux
04-10-2012, 01:33 PM
I too took buspar and it made my anxiety way worse. At first I thought it might have been pristq but I gave buspar another shot and it still did the same thing to me. I would wake up shaking with fear and anxiety to the point where I couldn't get out of bed one day. Ironically what seems to be helping me the most right now is adderall! Yes a stimulant but it seems to make me able to concentrate more and not worry quite as much. However I can definitely tell when it is wearing off. Additionally I am taking paxil and klonapin. Paxil I have been on for years and dont know how well it is working any more, and the klonapin does help but sedates me and doesn't completely rid me of my anxiety.