PDA

View Full Version : depression and anxiety...and in college

kate08
03-13-2012, 12:12 AM
just wondering if there is anyone out there who is in college and dealing with the effects of depression and anxiety? im having a very difficult time and am wondering if it is because i procrastinate too much or if there is really something wrong.

miss_mac666
03-13-2012, 12:18 AM
anxiety is really just a high stress level. figure out your triggers

kate08
03-13-2012, 12:20 AM
it feels like everything is a trigger and that its getting worse. today i couldnt even get out of bed to go to class.

miss_mac666
03-13-2012, 12:30 AM
i know exactly what you mean.

i have struggled for a long time, and just now figuring out what my triggers are.. and i also have a phobia which drives me nuts.

in order to get it under control you have to find the underlying triggers, and causes of your anxiety. or even see a therapst. someone to talk to even. people on here are very understanding and we help eachother out. feel free to message me with anything. gladly help

Claire

kate08
03-13-2012, 10:45 AM
thanks! i appreciate it!

joolz5108
03-13-2012, 11:11 AM
hey there,
My first year in college was tough so I can relate. I would have anxiety just leaving my room sometimes to go eat. I didn't take care of myself at all, it was really terrible looking back.

Go see a counselor to talk about anything and everything. Don't give up on yourself either, just take things day by day as they come. After a year and a half I decided that it was best to move back home and work on my anxiety in a less hectic environment. So I went to a commmunity college, lived with my my mom/dad, went to see a counselor, started taking medicine, and began to feel better. I understand that living away from home and going to college presents some amazing opportunities so I don't necessarily suggest you drop out of your school and move back home, but take a step back and look at the big picture you are in and remember you can always change it for the better by taking small steps. Talking to a counselor really helps, its nerve wracking at first, but they give you support and encouragement! Right now, look to form a support system for yourself while you are not comfortable.

Just remember you gotta do what's best for YOU. Become stubborn with yourself and tell yourself that this ONE class will not affect yourself in a negative way. Make it a MISSION to go to that class and face your fears head on, even if it means showing up late and having people stare at you. Sometimes when I feel anxious I still use that technique to this day.

Good luck with everything and if you want to talk more about college I'll be here!

lorettajeni
03-22-2012, 03:54 AM
y u feel depression at college forget every problems around u and try to be a free bird ok...Thank you

longliveswift
04-10-2012, 03:26 PM
im not at college im in year 11 at school, but i can totally relate to you. the anxiety and depression is affecting my work and relationships with other people.

i hope it helps to know you're not alone.

stay well!

-longliveswift xxxx