PDA

View Full Version : Tai Chi or Chi Gong For Anxiety

Razzle
03-11-2012, 05:50 PM
Anyone found Tai Chi or Chi Gong to help with anxiety or agitation from anxiety

Chiliphil1
03-11-2012, 05:57 PM
I have not tried it yet, but from what I've heard it can really make a big difference. I actually have a book on it that I'm planning to start working with very soon.

Razzle
03-11-2012, 06:26 PM
WHich one do you use

Chiliphil1
03-12-2012, 05:07 AM
The book I have is on chi gung. It is called chi gung: Chinese healing, energy, and natural magick. I have read it already, just haven't done the exercises yet, the book seems excellent and thought the concepts would seem odd for a normal person if you look at it with an open mind it really seems like it could be a great thing. I am a martial artist, so I went with chi gung over tai chi due to that reason, I wanted to work mostly on the mental aspect and no so much the physical, I figured that there would be no real reason to learn all the physical movements again.

Another book that I found to be very good was the complete book of sen, written by Wong kew kit. Very good book, but it doesn't outline a lot it just gives you some ideas, and it demonstrates where you can go.

Chiliphil1
03-12-2012, 05:08 AM
Correction, above it was supposed to say complete book of zen, not sen.. Phone auto corrected that.

jessed03
03-12-2012, 02:02 PM
I might check that book out Chiliphil, it's been something I've wanted to just try out for quite a while. I tried yoga, but I just don't seem to like it. Tai Chi just seems more rhythmic and enjoyable to me.

dancinglemon
03-12-2012, 02:43 PM
I'd seriously recommend Tai Chi. I do it every Friday in a class and by the end I'm so relaxed and chilled it's like I could literally just float away.