PDA

View Full Version : Screaming In The Night

Razzle
03-11-2012, 06:53 AM
Over many years I have been though about everything anxiety has to offer but this is a new low and I am scared crapless......I was in a meltdown for no reason all day yesterday and went to bed in total hell. After a couple of hours the symptoms built to the point I started screaming - not small screams but blood curdling the neighbors can hear screams. I had no idea it was going to happen and it of course woke my wife up and scared her. I did it several times.

I have been awake all night in total terror and now this makes me feel like I am going insane. HELP !!

anxiousmess
03-11-2012, 01:44 PM
are you screaming during your sleep, or are you awake?

if it is happening while you're sleeping, then it's obviously just down to the build up from all of the things you are going through throughout the day.
make sure you have a chill out time before bed. no caffeine(after 6pm), no tv(1 hour before bed), no books(1 hour before bed). go back to baby style. bath, bottle and bed. only, try bath, warm drink and then bed.

if you keep yourself awake, then you are just going to make yourself worse!
you aren't going insane. you are just having a hard time with anxiety at the minute. you can overcome it though :)

Razzle
03-11-2012, 02:17 PM
I am wide awake and had not been able to sleep

smb 45 63
03-20-2012, 08:38 AM
are you screaming during your sleep, or are you awake?

if it is happening while you're sleeping, then it's obviously just down to the build up from all of the things you are going through throughout the day.
make sure you have a chill out time before bed. no caffeine(after 6pm), no tv(1 hour before bed), no books(1 hour before bed). go back to baby style. bath, bottle and bed. only, try bath, warm drink and then bed.

if you keep yourself awake, then you are just going to make yourself worse!
you aren't going insane. you are just having a hard time with anxiety at the minute. you can overcome it though :)

I Get night terrors at once year at camp I go I can't do baths does anything else work