PDA

View Full Version : Going a concert next week, and worrying about the anxiety

BoxRoom
03-10-2012, 02:54 PM
Hi.
So i'm going a concert at the end of next week with a friend. But because i'll be at a concert where it's hot, loud, and wheres there's potentially drunk people where anything can go wrong i fear for my anxiety. How do I prepare myself? Or stop it happening? I assume it will happen and i'll get scared of like, fainting or something weird like that but i love the artist i'm seeing so i just want to enjoy it. Any ideas?
My friends completely oblivious to this anxiety thing i have, she doesn't really understand it atall. I just want to try enjoy myself and not get panicky.
Thanks.
BoxRoom. x

alankay
03-10-2012, 03:21 PM
Are you on any meds for this? Do you have any benzos to keep with you in case? Alankay

BoxRoom
03-10-2012, 03:40 PM
No, not on any. I haven't been the docs about it. Sometimes it's ok, sometimes it isn't, it's situations like concerts i try to avoid because i don't know how i'll be.
BoxRoom

Chiliphil1
03-10-2012, 04:40 PM
I have this issue as well, the only thing that helped me ( and I'm not recommending this) was to have a beer when I got there, not get drunk but just one to take the edge off. Now I'm on pristiq and find that I don't have the issue anymore, I went to an event a couple weeks ago and had no problems at all

alankay
03-10-2012, 04:52 PM
Chili, I'm glad the med helped. Alankay

Chiliphil1
03-10-2012, 09:03 PM
Thank you alankay I'm glad I took your advice and talked to my doc, the snri has really turned me around.

BoxRoom
03-13-2012, 09:05 AM
Still worrying. It's in 2 days. I'm also looking forward to it, but i've had a bad cold so hope im feeling ok and don't use that as an excuse to get worrying.

sadinsa
03-14-2012, 11:02 AM
i think if you just focus on having fun you will be fine. I went to an NBA game Monday that my daughter was performing at. I felt the same way before I went. I was nervous before but once I got there I had a great time, I even forgot about my anxiety. You should see a doctor and this issue. They have so many options to help you now. I hope this helps.

BoxRoom
03-17-2012, 10:31 AM
It went great, i was a bit nervous but more excited. I told myself that whatever happens, happens and i'll find a way to cope with it. That's good Sadinsa, well done :)