PDA

View Full Version : Not Seeing Or Feeling The Good Aspects Of Life

MainerMikeBrown
03-10-2012, 12:09 PM
When a person is depressed, they don't see the positives in life. They see very little of the good.

However, when I'm depressed, it's not so much that I don't see the good. To a point, I see the good, even when I'm sad. Instead, while I see some of the good when I'm low, I just don't feel it. I don't feel the positives.

For example, I can see the beauty in the pretty autumn leaves here in New England. I can see the birds singing. But I just don't feel it.

Is that true with you when you feel incredibly low?

anxiousmess
03-10-2012, 01:26 PM
oh i can relate to that.

i will use that example in the future! it might help people understand a bit better. instead of them just saying things like 'pick ya chin up!' ..if only if was that easy!

alankay
03-10-2012, 04:53 PM
Yeah, emotional numbing can be a part of it for some. Alankay

Meche
03-12-2012, 01:46 AM
yep - emotionally numb is exactly how I would describe myself right now. Want to scream and cry but can't even do that. xx

MainerMikeBrown
03-18-2012, 01:37 PM
Some people who are severly depressed don't even really remember how the good times in their lives felt back then.

anxiousmess
03-18-2012, 01:41 PM
yup, mike! i can't remember at all what it is like to be happy! which in itself depresses me as i have kids and should be happy. i'm just not - i've had moments, but that's all it has been. little snippets - like a teaser of what life can be like.

MainerMikeBrown
03-18-2012, 01:45 PM
If all you see is the bad due to depression, then you know that your illness and your belief system isn't allowing you to see the good in life. In another words, life isn't as bad as it seems.

It's all in your head, as they say.

anxiousmess
03-18-2012, 01:49 PM
i know. i can't wait to get this sorted! im fed up of it all now! sick as a chip!