PDA

View Full Version : Cell phone causing serious anxiety!

tarynlynn
03-05-2012, 08:54 AM
It's my first time posting here- but anxiety is something I've been struggling with for a while.

In the past couple of years, though, I have started to get really panicky if someone doesn't answer my text right away. Then as time ticks by, I get more and more anxious. I start to worry that something bad has happened, they don't want to talk to me anymore (or ever again), I just have so many thoughts going through my head and no matter how hard I try to convince myself that they're unrealistic, I can't make them stop. If my brain rules one option out, it quickly goes to another one and sticks there, and this cycle continues.

They make me sick and can literally ruin my whole day.

Anybody else experience this? Or know what I can do to stop it?

Chiliphil1
03-05-2012, 10:47 AM
I get this too, mostly about my wife. If she doesn't answer or respond then I assume the worst. I have not really found anything to help, but I just wanted to let you know you're not alone in this. The only thing that ever helps me, although not much is trying to imagine that she's just busy, cleaning the house, checking the mail, taking a shower, etc... Just try to think of the practical reasons they may not respond and not the unlikely bad scenarios.

anxiousmess
03-05-2012, 12:01 PM
ahh i was terrible with this - still am really. only i don't have a phone now so it's eased off quite a bit.
i do find that the anxiety from that phone has shifted to my landline. only the opposite - if the phone rings, i get a god awful feeling of dread overwhelming me. to the point i don't answer it lol.
i haven't found a way to battle this either :(