PDA

View Full Version : im having a period of confusion/doubt

richy1991
03-04-2012, 01:05 PM
hey all

iv been suffering with anxiety for around a year and 2 months
the last time my anxiety rose really high was from christmas to just after new years
since then i have live with very little anxiety, some days no anxiety at all
however this evening my anxiety has struck me hard

my anxiety started because of high stress, this high stress was due to
-my brother being ill and going into hospital
-my girlfriend having an abortion
then i finally broke down after my girlfriend had to return home after spending a whole week with her
i felt like she was going forever and that it was just the end (even though i knew i was going to be seeing her the following day)

but im just soo confused to why my anxiety continues to return :/
since my anxiety started, i feel i have gotten over the stresses that caused it in the first place
-my brother is doing better and hasnt had to go into hospital since, plus i understand his illness better, so i feel thats all better
-as for my girlfriend having abortion, time has healed it alot, but one thing that still upset me was being with or seeing little kids
but my sister has just had a daughter, and as i live with my sister still, means i see the baby everyday so that is helping alot

as i said my anxiety had really died down and hadnt felt it for a while but one thing i hav never stopped having is the deep feeling of sadness and guilt
in fact i will never feel anxious straight off, i will always start off with one of the feeling of sadness or guilt first, then that will bring on the anxiety

again, i just dont know why im still suffering from all this after so long :/
it just feels to me like theres a chemical imbalance, like as if my anxiety dosnt feel like its caused by stressed
i just dont know what to do :/

cheers
richy

anxiousmess
03-04-2012, 01:18 PM
hiya :)
could you possibly be depressed?
abortions are very, very hard to deal with. even when you feel/know you have made the right decision. ( i have been there)
depression and anxiety kind of go hand in hand.
maybe you just need to talk to someone.

richy1991
03-04-2012, 01:39 PM
hey

i wouldnt say i was depressed, i most likely had been at the start of my anxiety
i say that because i dont feel down all the time
oh i didnt agree or want the abortion but i feel all that is in the past and i have moved forward from it, like i said, my niece is really helping me get over the final hurdle of it all
what do you mean by talk to someone?

cheers
richy