PDA

View Full Version : obsessional?

anxiousmess
03-03-2012, 01:03 PM
why am i so obsessive? is it to do with anxiety, or is it something else?

right now, i am obsessed with this board. i know it's a good thing i'm here since i do suffer from anxiety. but why become obsessed?
im obsessed with call of duty,
i am obsessed with drinking tea, analyzing everything, mental illnesses.
in the past, i have been obsessed with:
buying games that i don't play,
collecting herbal teas that i dont drink
buying psychology books that i no longer read
other books that i no longer read
stones
cups
people

can't think of anymore - but i know there is more
right now though - i am obsessed with finding answers to my problems.
i thought i had achieved that when i finally accepted that anxiety plays a big part in my life/problems
but again, i'm back to the point where the answer isn't good enough!
hmmmm tis a sickner!

miss_mac666
03-03-2012, 01:25 PM
its all anxiety. your trying to find a way to feel better. thats all

anxiousmess
03-03-2012, 01:38 PM
you're probably right! it's just doing my head in. i've just found the list of symptoms of anxiety on here. i know that it is anxiety. but it's like my mind won't let me believe it. my psychiatrist appointment should be coming through the post soon. so hopefully i'll be on some good meds in a couple of weeks. i can't take much more of this. i've always had anxiety, but this 'spike' has been so head battering. the dizziness, blurriness, my eyes won't focus at times. it's like i'm going into a trance at times. and all the rest! it's just too much :(

miss_mac666
03-03-2012, 01:58 PM
do you want to go into the chat and talk? i find it easier. im in there now so if you want just come in and talk

anxiousmess
03-04-2012, 11:54 AM
sorry miss mac. i went offline to play on the ps3 to distract myself. had palpitations all night along with dizziness. feeling pretty calm today though apart from my eyes going all weird still grrr.
thanx :)