PDA

View Full Version : MY BP is high again. Should I be worried????

03-03-2012, 03:33 AM
I bought a BP machine and I have been obsessively checking my BP. Ar first it was 140/something and then I went to urgi care cause I was freaking out and then it went up to 150/something. I stayed there for about an hour and finally it went down to 122/82. I need help calming myself down now because I have been shaking and freaking out for HOURS after returning home and my BP goes from 152/122 113 HR. VEry bad I know to 145/something. I'm very scared. How can I bring it down and calm down???? Please help.

anxiousmess
03-03-2012, 05:37 AM
first off - stop checking your BP!! throw the BP machine out, or give it to someone to keep for you for a few days until you calm yourself down!
i have been where you are - only with a stethoscope lol.
there is nothing wrong with your BP. you found this out when you went to urgi care. it is higher because you are stressing about this - but you know this.
this is just anxiety working it's magic. you need to put that cap back on it.
there is nothing to worry about :)

03-03-2012, 05:45 AM
I guess I probably need to hide the thermometer too? Also, at the ER when I was hooked up(I also need to stop going to ER and urgicare) it said I was 120/80, although my pulse was at times 150! I'm just ready to get better. Thank you anxiousness. You made me feel a lot better.

anxiousmess
03-03-2012, 05:53 AM
yes get rid of them all lol. honestly, i am just like you! my partner thinks i'm crazy at times. i became obssessed that i was pregnant - even though i had the implanon. about 50 pregnancy tests later (all negative), a heart beat monitor and lack of a belly - i finally accepted that i wasn't! i didn't want to be. i was just convinced iwas for some unknown reason.
i bet you also google all of your symptoms too! i need to stop that, but can't help it. just remember when you are doing it, it's just your anxiety - not you!

03-03-2012, 06:19 AM
Wow we are A LOT alike with our anxiety! i do the pregnancy test too and the googling.

anxiousmess
03-03-2012, 06:23 AM
and the eating disorder thing! i've just been telling my partner about you lol its crazy how much we are alike with our anxiety. it's good though - at least we know it's not us and it is our anxiety!

03-03-2012, 06:26 AM
Yeah, I laid down for about 30 minutes and it's up again. That's not right. My face and feel feel cold now. Freaking out again! Can you chat anxiousness?

03-03-2012, 06:29 AM
Heart rate keeps going down though. Eeek!!!!!

anxiousmess
03-03-2012, 06:30 AM
i don't know how to chat. the coldness is a symptom of anxiety!! you are fine! you are doing this with your anxiety. you can control it. just breathe!

03-03-2012, 06:32 AM
You scroll down the main page and click anxiety chat room. Then just put a random name of something and hit ok. Want to chat then?

anxiousmess
03-03-2012, 06:34 AM
i am in the chat room. i think. i can't pm you back as i have less than 10 posts lol. well, this will be my 10th!

03-03-2012, 10:16 AM
Well I went into a FULL BLOWN panic attack. I'm sorry I left the chat room. Felt so weird. I feel exhausted now. So weird. Plus the brain zaps and tingling fingers are horrid.

PanicCured
03-04-2012, 12:06 AM
Blood Pressure at a consistently high rate is bad for you. If your BP raises during a panic attack only, then we know the cause is from anxiety. during weight lifting and exercise BP gets very high, then later lowers. We know this to be healthy in people without heart disease. During Squats and Deadlifts I have got my heart to over 140 BPM before. During intervals on the bike I've got to 155 BPM before. I've gone to 162 during a panic attack. My resting heart rate is about 56.

Here is what I want to ask you, is your heart rate and BP high when you are not anxious? If it is only when anxious, then we know the problem and where to look for a solution.

03-04-2012, 03:00 AM
Blood Pressure at a consistently high rate is bad for you. If your BP raises during a panic attack only, then we know the cause is from anxiety. during weight lifting and exercise BP gets very high, then later lowers. We know this to be healthy in people without heart disease. During Squats and Deadlifts I have got my heart to over 140 BPM before. During intervals on the bike I've got to 155 BPM before. I've gone to 162 during a panic attack. My resting heart rate is about 56.

Here is what I want to ask you, is your heart rate and BP high when you are not anxious? If it is only when anxious, then we know the problem and where to look for a solution.

It is typically normal when not anxious. Heart rate might be a bit high but not bad. I know I dont have constant HBP because at the ER it went down to 120/something(I cant remember) and at Urgicare it went down to 122/82. I've just been anxious for weeks and not sleeping or barely eating and the whole bp thing is freaking me out.

plumb
03-04-2012, 01:06 PM
could somebody explain to me, if your heart rate increases will your bp increase and if your heart rate lowers will your bp lower? thanks

03-04-2012, 05:59 PM
BP is down! Strangely enough it was a lot lower when I took it on my left arm that it was my right... Oh well...