PDA

View Full Version : Very Obsessivev- Bought both a blood pressure thing at store and thermommeter :(

03-02-2012, 03:58 PM
I am going to try my hardest not to look up things anymore on Google or Yahoo or Drug websites and try to live again. Unfortunately though, that did not stop me from going to the store. I used the BP thing and it showed my blood pressure is high. It has never been high. I even took it after waking up from a nap. I actually slept for a hour! Woohoo! Freaking out. Tried to call my doctor. He's out of the office until Monday. How can it be high? From being nervous and barely sleeping or eating for a week?

jessed03
03-02-2012, 04:07 PM
That can make it high. I think I regularly had high blood pressure when having anxiety. Everytime I went to the hospital, or doctors, it was high. They just put it down to being stressed. The stress of checking your blood pressure, in fear of a problem, probably didn't help. Stressing, not eating and not sleeping can contribute to high blood pressure, sure. :)

Of course if it's just slightly high, don't stress it too much. I guess telling your doctor couldn't hurt. Checkups aren't the worst thing, as long as they aren't every other day :)

Do you have any methods of relaxing? You could try some meditation? It's been proven to lower blood pressure levels.

03-02-2012, 08:46 PM
Went to urgi care(not er woohoo! :) because I was worried about several things and also my throat was killing me. They took my BP and it was high 140/90 then they took it again and it lowered. They let me stay and talk until it was down enough to make me feel better. It finally got down to 122/85. Much lower! :) We also had a LONG discussion about serotonin syndrome and how I need to stop worrying because I didn't have a extreme high fever nor was I rigid.(she could move my arms just fine when she grabbed them) I'm healthy other than the anxiety.
I used to meditate when I took Yoga at my previous college but I always had a problem actually clearing my mind.