PDA

View Full Version : work + gaming + movie anxiety/stress

RumorHasIt
12-28-2006, 06:09 AM
Has anyone ever had to fill out paperwork and started to feel sick to their stomach or even from doing an exam? It seems at certain times when I do something that requires a lot of thinking I usually get really sick and need to lay down until it goes away. I don't know if I'm just thinking negatively when I do it or upsetting myself to the point where it feels like too much. I actually end up having ridiculous thoughts in my head when it starts to occur, like passing out or even having a seizure(being that a certain amount of people with epilepsy have it from certain stress.) I don't have epilepsy though, I had two seizures almost five years ago..but they were due to reasons unrelated to epilepsy and I have been tested along with the EEG. It even happens at times when I play certain computer games for a long time, they are even worse when I play video games on the tv. I just get sick to my stomach and feel a little disoriented like after I do paperwork or even type up a page on the computer. Sometimes when I watch a movie it'll come on also. But there has been a lot of days where it wouldn't happen at all and I would end up gaming for hours on end. Any help on this would be muchly appreciated. I am seeing my doctor today, so hopefully he'll help me also 8)

RumorHasIt
12-28-2006, 10:54 AM
just an update. its indeed anxiety and it elevates my stress..but I was told the more bad stress you go through..the more you can tolerate. as for video games and movies..I think its a matter of completely enjoying it without reacting to any sudden change in the way we feel viewing it. because of course we all start to feel different if we play a game or watch a movie for more than an hour. I know it seems I answered my own question, but if anyone wants to shed some more light that would be sweet :lol: