PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety is ruining my life !!!

samanthajaynebowen
03-02-2012, 12:25 PM
Hi all I am a 22 year old female and have been suffering with anxiety for a number of years ! I was taking citalopram for 2 years but stopped taking them a couple of months ago as I started to feel better ! Couple of months down the line and the anxiety is back ! I constantly think I am going to have a heart attack or stop breathing! I get palpitations all through the day and the feeling as if something is stuck in my throat ! When I am experiencing these feelings I jst want to go to bed and sleep which seems to help ! Anyone else feeling the same??

alankay
03-02-2012, 12:33 PM
Well that's anxiety for you!! I'd resume the celexa at 1/2 the dose for a week or so then go back to the dose you were on. These things happen. If celexa was not helping try another like zoloft. In any case make sure you find a doc who is good with anxiety treatment and work with him. A good book to get would be Dr. Reid Wilson's "Don't Panic". PM me any time. Alankay

03-02-2012, 12:35 PM
You're very lucky your anxiety lets you sleep. I haven't slept in days. It is all anxiety you are experiencing. I have experienced all symptoms you are talking about. You might want to call your doctor and get back on citalopram or something else if you are not comfortable taking that drug anymore. I know; it sucks. I was anxiety free for years also and now I am having to get back on meds. Is this affecting your work or school?

samanthajaynebowen
03-02-2012, 01:36 PM
Yes I have started back on my citalopram on monday so hopefully they will kick in soon ! Yes I do work and it does effect my working life but its mostly when I get home and try to relax in front of the TV that's when it plays up the most :(

vonnhelsing
03-03-2012, 03:50 PM
That's probably because when you're trying to relax you're usually sitting doing nothing and your mind starts wondering off and starts to over-think things. I find that my anxiety creeps up mostly when i'm sitting around on my own not doing anything. When i'm really busy at work running around i NEVER feel anxious because i'm too busy to worry about it. Keep yourself busy and distracted.