PDA

View Full Version : Currently Having Anxiety :(

02-29-2012, 10:09 AM
I have been so anxious lately and I haven't been able to truly calm my self down by myself. I am depending too much on friends and family to always be there. Last night I had to go to the ER because I was so anxious. Does anyone have advice on calming techniques? I have tried the deep breathing, but when my anxiety is in full swing I have difficulty doing so....
Also, does anyone else's ears turn red during anxiety? My one ear has been turning red and the Dr. said I have been making my self sick with being anxious.

alankay
02-29-2012, 02:24 PM
Flushing can happen with anxiety for sure. Your GP should be able to get you started via meds and counseling to get your anxiety under better control. Alankay

natbaby
02-29-2012, 06:29 PM
One thing that helps me when I get super anxious is cold water. I run my hands under it, and I splash my face and my neck. It's something about the shock of the cold - its like a slap in the face that distracts me. It doesn't always work, but it's worth a shot. Anything you can do to take your focus away from the anxious feelings. I've never had much success with breathing for attacks of anxiety because I can't get my brain to focus on something when I'm like that, my mind is on lock down. It sounds like your full blown anxiety is more like a panic attack, so i really think distraction could help you. Good luck and lean on this forum for some extra advice and support. Natalie

02-29-2012, 06:30 PM
Alankay- I have been on Wellbutrin for 2 years and less than a week ago my doctor put me also on Viibryd. That was horrible, but after talking to the doctor he said that all the 'symptoms' that I thought were the Viibryd were probably anxiety. Went to doctor today and he prescribed me celexa with the wellbutrin. I can also take ativan anytime I am extremely nervous. I'm never keen of starting new drugs so I plan on trying both Saturday just in case something happens.

alankay
02-29-2012, 07:34 PM
Celexa is a good choice to add(I used to take it, lexapro just lets me sleep a bit better). It might take some time but will likely help. Alankay