PDA

View Full Version : Need help!!!

miss_mac666
02-24-2012, 03:26 PM
Im over the edge, i can't catch myself. I need to be ok. i cant stop shaking. i feel sick, i have a lump in my throat. heart racing, racing thoughts.... i cant take it anymore!!!

Meche
02-24-2012, 03:35 PM
Aw missmac - please believe me when I say I know how you feel. It was these symptoms that landed me in A&E last sunday because it was the first anxiety attack I had ever had and I didn't know what was happening. Keep telling yourself you will be ok, nothing bad is going to happen. I find very deep breaths help just to bring the panic down and the shaking will eventually stop. Just see it through. I wish I could be there with you because I know how scared you are right now. I'm here and will be up for a while longer if you need anything - just to talk or whatever. ((((((hugs)))))) xx Michelle

miss_mac666
02-24-2012, 03:38 PM
i hate the way this feels. i feel like there is no hope or that this will never pass. pacing around with my laptop trying to figure out what to do with myself. im gonna smoke a ciggy or go into the chat hoping someone will come in and talk. thank you darling
Claire

Meche
02-24-2012, 03:45 PM
You are more than welcome my lovely. You do whatever it is you need to do to calm yourself down. For me I just have to let it pass and then engross myself in something that takes my mind off what has just happened..... and then there is the fear of it happening again :rolleyes:. I too hate the way this 'thing' has made me feel and it has deprived me off my confidence and the person I used to be. Believe it or not, this time last week I had never had a panic/anxiety attack in my life so I'm still learning. xx

miss_mac666
02-24-2012, 03:48 PM
wow, and its this powerful for you? i hope you learn some techniques sooner than i did. im thankful to be a part of this site because the advice that i get is great. i used to just sit alone and "deal" with it myself, but that is nottt good for me at all. feel free to come into the chat lol

Skizo
02-24-2012, 04:10 PM
Lump in throat is 100% anxiety and nothing to worry about...
Also shaking and weakness...Ive had all this + more.
Keep taking ur AD's, calm down, and these symptoms will pass pretty fast.

I had every symptom in the book at the start, 1 month after taking AD's I was better, 2 months I barely noticed any symptoms, and 3 months I was totally fine.

Also you need to go out and work/socialize etc, keep your mind occupied.

Meche
02-24-2012, 04:12 PM
I know it's weird isn't it. I think it's hit me so hard because I'm Michelle, happy go-lucky, makes everyone laugh and is always there for other people. That's the way I've always been and for this to happen to me all of a sudden is a HUGE blow. I'm hoping this anxiety will disappear as quick as it started and that I'm just having some kind of chemical imbalance in my brain that is temporarily causing this. I have blood tests on monday because apparantly sudden anxiety can be a symptom of hyperthyroidism! I don't know - I'm no expert. There really is nothing going on in my life that would cause this amount of anxiety. Sure, I have everyday worries like everyone else but not to this extreme. Wouldn't wish it on anybody. xx

miss_mac666
02-24-2012, 04:19 PM
i wish you the absolute best. thank you for responding, i have calmed down finally. i have had anxiety for the past ten yrs. and i am guessing that it gets worse with age if you dont have it under control. im on medicine again and my anxiety has gone down quite a bit. about a month or so ago i was having horrible anxiety. i couldnt eat and i couldnt sleep. i lost 20 pounds in three weeks. i was weak, looked soooo sick or looked like i was on a drug binge. finally i can sleep a little more and eat more. but these attacks are going to kill me if i dont get them under control.

Skizo
02-24-2012, 04:20 PM
I had all the same shit, and also another symtom that was the worst of all - kind of a burning sensation/stabbing under the scalp constantly, that made me think of suicide..

But AD's fixed me completely in just 3 months.