PDA

View Full Version : Relationship Anxiety Help and Recommendations

Coping_help
02-24-2012, 09:03 AM
All,

I am new to the forum and new to dealing with anxiety. For the past 3.5 years my now wife and I had a long term relationship. She was located in florida and I was located in chicago. We traveled back and forth routinely and enjoyed each other. Our lives moved forward but we were always there to support each other. Last December we got married and she decided to move to chicago which I was/am ecstatic about. She moved in with me the beginning of February (of this year). Since her arrival I have been experiencing extreme anxiety to the point where it is begging to affect our sex life. I cannot pin point what the problem is, however, with each passing day as it does not get better I begin to worry more and more and thus drive the anxiety to increase. I do not know where to turn right now but I am worried if this drags on this may affect our marriage.

Has anyone had problems dealing with a similar situation? Does anyone have thoughts on how to deal with such issues. Any words of wisdom or advice are welcome.

Thanks so much.

Sincerely,

Coping

alankay
02-24-2012, 09:36 AM
Coping, so you've had two major changes in your life. Marriage and a change if you household living situation. No wonder! Of course this may cause some anxiety in someone predisposed to it. Yes even though a great and positive thing, it's still a stress so can cause this. Stick with it and talk about it with your wife. Let her know it's just an adjustment issue and should get better in time. Get it out in the open and reassure each other.
Are you getting treatment for your anxiety by the way?
I'm from Chicago and did the reverse. I moved to fl for my gal and hate the heat and that causes me anxiety as I feel suffocated at times by the hideous summers:(. At least you have 4 seasons!!!!:)
Anyway chalk your increase in anxiety to the changes you've gone through and must adjust to and PM me any time. Enjoy the Midwest!!!!:) Alankay