PDA

View Full Version : cant sleep, my mind just keeps going

miss_mac666
02-22-2012, 11:46 PM
im having a really hard time tonite. i cant calm down i dont know what to do.... help

miss_mac666
02-23-2012, 12:02 AM
thank you, i have my tea, and some guided meditation. this site definately helps me, just knowing that someone will reply with some positive comments. thank you for a reply.

Meche
02-23-2012, 12:17 AM
Hi - forwells is right, there isn't really alot you can do. I find when I'm like that I just have to pace the room with deep breathing until it subsides. Then I have to find something to do to take my mind away from the situation. Making a hot drink, surfing internet, crosswords - something that is going to get me engrossed in something other than my panic and being on this site makes a huge difference. It really does work for me. Hope you're night gets better hon. Big hugs. xx

nik08
02-23-2012, 01:03 AM
I have the same problem a lot, which is actually why I'm up right now. My body is so tired but my mind just keeps going and going. One of the things that I've done is downloaded an app to my ipod that has calming sounds like ocean waves or soft music playing. It helps to calm my restless mind so I can get some sleep. I would be listening to that right now, but I forgot to charge my ipod up :( .

scared&worried
02-23-2012, 07:02 AM
Forwells is bang on! Do the meditation/progressive muscle relaxation each day to program your mind to be more relaxed. I never used to believe in this stuff, but became open minded. I do muscle relaxation everyday, and get really good sleep on a regular basis now! Still deal with anxiety during the day, but at least I am getting good rest at night, to help me handle anxiety better during the day! Good luck!