PDA

View Full Version : It's all in my head

Andy T
02-22-2012, 06:20 PM
I have a really weird recurrent problem, whoch I've been anxious about for a long time now. Basically I often feel like my head is going to blow up/I'm going to have an aneurysm or pass out or something. This comes from a feeling inside my ears like a pressure that I feel is going to brim over.
Often when I'm trying to get to sleep I'll get sudden rushes to my head like something is going to happen which will then mean I can't sleep for a good period of time afterwards.
I was wondering if anyone else had this constant nervousness in their head with these rushes when they are trying to sleep.

alankay
02-22-2012, 06:59 PM
I've had similar. Have you gone to talk to a doc about the anxiety that's causing this? Alankay

scared&worried
02-23-2012, 06:57 AM
Hey Andy. I've had this too. Scary stuff! Tell your doctor about it. Also the thing that has worked tremendously for me is to do some progressive muscle relaxation in the evening before bed (lots of videos on youtube). Also...getting regular exercise is quite helpful. Although I still deal with anxiety, I no longer have that awful "rush" or "blowing up" feeling in my head. Hope you feel better soon!