PDA

View Full Version : Stomach pain

scared&worried
02-20-2012, 05:35 PM
Hi everyone. Overall I have been feeling alot better since I first joined this forum. I don't feel light headed and nauseous as often as I did, and my sleep habits are starting to improve.

The most frustrating thing is that I have been having chronic stomach pain since October. The pain/discomfort is in my upper left abdomen. I have had numerous medical tests/scopes etc performed and the cause has not been found. It is most bothersome when sitting for long periods, and when laying on my stomach. The only medication that I am on right now is for acid reflux. Along with the chronic stomach pain, over the past few months I have been have been having tingling in my toes, knees, elbows, and scalp. Is this all anxiety? Or could this be a pinched nerve? (I would assume that a pinched nerve would hurt like hell!, and that one pinched nerve wouldn't cause all of these body parts to tingle)...

Any thoughts people? I've been a good boy and have not used "Google" to self diagnose for about a month now. Probably anxiety right?

scared&worried
02-20-2012, 05:47 PM
Hi Kev.

Yeah as far as my abdomen pain goes.... It just constantly feels like it is tied in knots. I don't have IBS or get bad diarrhea or anything like that. Just that "knot" feeling very often. And it definitely gets worse when I'm faced with a stressful situation. But it is always present, even when I'm not feeling stressed or anxious. Flares up though with stress.

scared&worried
02-20-2012, 07:57 PM
No. Not taking anything else. My doctor has prescribed Pristiq for me, but I have not taken it. Have been trying to see what I can do on my own, without the need to take medication.

costaboy
02-21-2012, 05:38 PM
i feel the same way your not alone x