PDA

View Full Version : My Anxiety Website!

Sunny Days
02-17-2012, 09:25 AM
Hello to all,

I've been working on my own website about anxiety for the past month and it's almost done. I wanted to share it. Here is the link (until I upgrade it). It is based all on my personal opinions about anxiety so keep that in mind. Writing about it seems to help me. Also if you think I should add anything to it let me know! Thanks for looking!!

http://anxietyalleviated.weebly.com/index.html

vonnhelsing
02-17-2012, 01:03 PM
Hello Sunny days!

Lovely website! lots of helpful information to understand anxiety better.
and loving the visuals and colors too :D well done!
xx

Sunny Days
02-17-2012, 04:02 PM
Aww thank you vonnhelsing! I would love to help anyone I can who has this. After all, who knows about it any better then us?! ;)

Sunny Days
02-27-2012, 07:24 AM
Just bumping back up for those who would like to view the site! I want to help anyone that I can. :)

jessed03
02-27-2012, 08:34 AM
Was it therapeutic to create it all Sunny? I actually find writing about anxiety to be quite a good therapy. Like doing Revision notes. Once I've wrote something down, for myself or somebody else, it sort of helps it stick :)

Sunny Days
02-28-2012, 06:35 AM
jessed03 yes it was therapeutic, I really enjoy writing. It's great to look back on as well. I think it's a really good idea for those with anxiety/panic to start a journal so that they can write down what they were feeling and what happened during an attack then go back and read it and see that they lived through it, and that it eventually subsided/calmed down.
:)

PanicCured
02-28-2012, 11:32 AM
What about trying to put anxiety behind you and jump out of that world? Does talking about it really help you? Wouldn't it be more effective to pass through it and beyond and keep it as a thing of the past?

jessed03
02-28-2012, 12:04 PM
What about trying to put anxiety behind you and jump out of that world? Does talking about it really help you? Wouldn't it be more effective to pass through it and beyond and keep it as a thing of the past?

If you've spent 20+ years, with certain habit's, it's often unrealistic to think those habits have simply broken because you read a book and learnt to breathe better. It can take months and months, even years of awareness, to make sure those old habits don't come back. These were life long habits, often since childhood. The same way an alcoholic doesn't go to one or two AA meetings and expect the problem solved. Anxiety was a habit. Everytime I write a post, I'm reminded of how destructive that lifestyle and thought process was for me. How unrealistic, and crazy it all was. I'm never tempted to get negative or believe the hype. Even after an awful day. The same way the alcoholic is reminded of that life and those destructive thoughts everytime they go to a meeting.

If you just had a period of anxiety, and you solved it, then I imagine it's easy to move on, more advisable too, I'd say.

For others not quite there yet, still mid-way through recovery, writing about it, not only expresses it, but hammers it home too. Theres not really any excuse to be fooled by anxiety once you've wrote a few articles about it. It becomes almost like making revision notes. It seems to stick, and get out all of those old, bundled up feelings. It also makes people feel better for contributing, for passing on the things they learnt, down the line.

Sunny Days
02-28-2012, 12:58 PM

Panic, while I understand what you mean I do think that those of us who have experienced it and understand it better then others SHOULD continue to help people. Writing does seem therapeutic. But I get what your saying...sometimes it's best to not even think about it and move on with life rather then continuing to focus all your attention on it. Myself, I still struggle with it but I have learned to stop fearing the panic attacks, therefore I no longer get them. The daily anxiety is still an issue (and mine is primarily health anxiety/fear of dying)...

If you've spent 20+ years, with certain habit's, it's often unrealistic to think those habits have simply broken because you read a book and learnt to breathe better. It can take months and months, even years of awareness, to make sure those old habits don't come back. These were life long habits, often since childhood. The same way an alcoholic doesn't go to one or two AA meetings and expect the problem solved. Anxiety was a habit. Everytime I write a post, I'm reminded of how destructive that lifestyle and thought process was for me. How unrealistic, and crazy it all was. I'm never tempted to get negative or believe the hype. Even after an awful day. The same way the alcoholic is reminded of that life and those destructive thoughts everytime they go to a meeting.

If you just had a period of anxiety, and you solved it, then I imagine it's easy to move on, more advisable too, I'd say.

For others not quite there yet, still mid-way through recovery, writing about it, not only expresses it, but hammers it home too. Theres not really any excuse to be fooled by anxiety once you've wrote a few articles about it. It becomes almost like making revision notes. It seems to stick, and get out all of those old, bundled up feelings. It also makes people feel better for contributing, for passing on the things they learnt, down the line.

Exactly~ and the thing is, even though I've written alot about it I *still* have times where I have to remember these feelings are just adrenaline, not my heart malfunctioning etc. So I'm not there 100% yet but making progress daily. :)

PanicCured
03-02-2012, 01:34 PM
If you've spent 20+ years, with certain habit's, it's often unrealistic to think those habits have simply broken because you read a book and learnt to breathe better.

As if that was what I meant. Obviously I don't think that. It took me almost a year of work to cure my anxiety.

PanicCured
03-02-2012, 01:38 PM
I just mean, the steps should be taken to get away from the anxiety, not dwelling on it. To forget anxiety even exists. Not that you snap your fingers and do it, but you move in that direction. The goal is to be indifferent about it. Like you just don't even think about it anymore. It really is like an ex that you were so hurt to break up with, but then years later, you never even think about them. I'm on this forum to help, not to prove my point. Whatever I did, it worked.

jessed03
03-02-2012, 05:36 PM

While we're on the subject of it Panic, out of interest, do you have a book or website or something?

You seem very procedural in your approach to anxiety recovery. You seem like somebody who would outline a programme for a patient to follow.

Maybe it's just your screen name :)