PDA

View Full Version : worried i have something serious wrong, brain tumor, leukemia, CANCER?!!!!:(( HELP!!

ellen1
02-13-2012, 08:52 AM
hello i am a 13 year old girl who has been experiencing some symptoms for the past month, i think i'm getting worse:(!!
i've been to the doctor and my mum babbled on, about how it must be anxiety, so the doctor was not concerned, but i've felt ill for a long time, some symptoms are hard to explain
first off i will explain that i have suffered with panic attacks/ anixety before, about 2 years ago, i will explain all the symptoms i have experienced since the beginning of January 2012 (I HAVE HAD A COLD FOR A FEW DAYS, MAYBE THEY ARE RELATED)

headaches on the left top side of my head pretty much everyday
TMJ
muscle twitching in legs, arms, feet, hands, back etc..
shaky in mainly hands and arms
feeling weak and tired
eyes focusing going a bit blurry
feeling dizzy and sometimes finding it hard to walk
nausea, no vommiting
pain in my left arm (im RIGHT handed) joint like pain
feeling kind of drained and no energy
painful chest when coughing
bad concentration
vertigo
i usually have a heavy flow but i had abnormal blood clots on my last period
painful heart aches

they are most of the symptoms i have had, some of them have been more frequent than others..

i have been very worried throughout the whole month, i am a hypocondria, but these symptoms have really worried me, i searched them on the internet and most of the symptoms i have are either brain cancer, or leukemia symptoms this has worried me so so so much i have accepted it is anxiety, i couldn't relax and it was always on my mind before i thought it could be anxiety .

for the past 2 days i have been so relaxed, it hasn't been on my mind barely and i have ignored the symptoms and got on with everything

BUT MY SYMPTOMS ARE STILL HERE AND I FEEL GENUINELY SO UNWELL! i am have now worried myself back into thinking i have a serious problem like cancer.

i need help, is it still anxiety even though i haven't been worrying or could there actually be something wrong with me and should i be concerned? PLEASE HELP I NEED ANSWERS I AM SO VERY SCARED, AND MY MUM IS NO HELP!!!:(

vonnhelsing
02-13-2012, 01:58 PM
Dearest Ellen,

STOP with the googling!! it isn't helping you! you're anxious! you're so young you should not be worrying about your health like this. Enjoy your life and relax. You can feel reaaally anxious but not feel any physical symptoms till up to a week later! i used to feel extremely anxious and then a week later get hit with the most worrisome physical symptoms which convinced me that i was about to drop dead. But i didn't. And because the symptoms happened such a long time after my anxiety, i didn't make that connection and believed that it was a serious medical condition causing this. But it's all caused by anxiety. Anxiety wears us out and makes us weak and ill due to the numerous amounts of different things our body has to do when we're on high anxiety mode. Keep eating healthily and drink lots of water and don't miss any sleep. i seriously doubt you have any sort of brain problem, other than excessive worrying and hypochondria. Anxiety isn't going to harm you. keep us updated on how you're doing :)
Take care Ellen! x

ellen1
02-13-2012, 02:11 PM
thank you for you kind reply and taking the time out to write it, I will take it on board, thanks again x

ellen1
02-13-2012, 02:13 PM
thank you very much for reading and kindly replying :) I really appreciate it, its helped me alot thanks again :)

jessed03
02-13-2012, 02:33 PM
It could help to talk to a councellor or something. Maybe your school has one. They are very understanding, and laid back. Sometimes it can help to air out the closet, so to speak. Get everything out there. Things can be very confusing when they are in the mind all day, going round and round. It doesn't necessarily have to be a councellor, perhaps just someone you can trust. Once you hear a lot of things said out loud, they begin to sound differently. The mind can see the irrational side to them.

All the best!

Nick83
02-13-2012, 04:53 PM
DO NOT GOOGLE SYMPTOMS!!!! As much as the internet is awesome for finding out answers... googling symptoms yourself, when you know you have anxiety... when you think you are a hypo... what do you think is going to be your response? Every google search of "headache" is going to lead you to either... Brain Cancer... or Brain Aneurysm.

Trust me when i say, I have done, and still do the same thing.

As far as your mom goes... are you saying she is "no help" because she isn't reinforcing you anxiety by agreeing with your diagnosis?
I say the same thing about my wife. I know I'm dieing.. she tells me I'm fine... SHE IS NOT HELPING ME. But in reality, she is..

From your post, and your acknowledgement of high anxiety... the symptoms you have, I have. Considering we both have high anxiety, I think there is a better chance that anxiety is causing our like symptoms, and not something like brain cancer. The more you think about your symptoms, the worse they become. My advice, go give your mom a hug, and just talk with her. Have a cup of hot chocolate, and watch a funny movie. Amazing how when you are laughing, or enjoying someones company, the symptoms seem to, disappear.

Chin up

AshleighSuzanne
02-18-2012, 05:07 PM
i must agree i used to google every thing before i realised i had anxiety....it was the worst thing i could have done it made me alot worse!!! you see these thing you think you may have because you all of a sudden think yes... i have this and that ect.... but you haven't. it sounds like you are suffering with anxiety your symptoms are the same as mine iv had this for over 2 years its very hard to deal with but once you know what it is instead of thinking how it got there think how your going to get out of this stage of your life honestly dont worry nothing bad is going to happen to you i promise, you need to stay calm when you feel anxious and just breath close your eyes take 10 deep breaths, relax open your eyes and your be feeling fine again. also try drinking camolion tea this helps to relax. The symptoms will eventually go. just disappear and your forget all about them, also try taking a yoga class this is very helpful or getting a few books your mum will be happy to help when she realises you have accepted this is anxiety and want to help get rid of it, also dont worry stop using google its just going to make you worse. doctors know what there doing if they were concerned about anything you would know by now your going to be ok. honestly does these thing it will help you.