PDA

View Full Version : anxiety sufferers - do not let negative thoughts ruin you

liveitup898
02-09-2012, 08:33 AM
there will always be things we can knit pick at, and if we dwell on it enough it will become a negative feeling for us and it will ruin our day, week, month, years!!!!

i've always been a pessimistic type of person - but need to change. turning perfectly good situations into negative ones by trying to find something bad about it, is such a waste of a wonderful life.

if you are like me, we have to stop expecting things to be so perfect both from ourselves and from others.....

we have made mistakes, and will continue to make mistakes - and so will the people around us. but at the same time, we have made great decisions, and will continue to make great decisions and will continue to make great things happen - and so will the people around us. life is so interesting this way.

take this time to learn about yourself and improve yourself. it won't happen over night but that's the point.....we need to learn about ourselves and learn to rid ourselves of the pessimistic attitudes, thoughts and words!

open up to people, talk about what you are thinking and feeling and have confidence in yourself.

my pessimism, lack of confidence and depression has fired up my anxiety attacks recently....i really need to take my own advice lol. but in all honesty, i WILL CHANGE....we all will. No fear.

if you suffer from anxiety you know that 99% of what you feel is in your head and just made up bullshit.....get angry if you have to, but do whatever you can to take control of your life. face your fears head on and you will come out the winner guaranteed.

eventually the negative thoughts will fade. just like a bully in school, if you ignore him long enough he will eventually leave you alone.

Sunny Days
02-09-2012, 12:39 PM
I love this! I think you are right on!

I am changing my way of thinking also. It's time to focus on the positives and see the glass as half full! I agree...life is too precious to waste being worried and anxious all the time. Worrying wont change or "prevent" anything anyways...it's a totally useless emotion. So, what we need to do is get up and get on with our day! Go about our business and LIVE. If we feel anxious or panicky so be it. The symptoms wont harm us although the anxiety likes to trick us into thinking otherwise. So from now on even if I feel all that adrenaline and it starts to make me feel panicky I will let it be and go on with my life! No more running away.

I am quite fond of these affirmations:

"Don't be bluffed by a feeling or sensation brought on by a thought".

"What you resist will persist"

"It's JUST anxiety, it wont harm me... and that in itself is comforting"