PDA

View Full Version : New member with GAD

Gweb
02-08-2012, 06:02 PM
Howdy all,

I was recently diagnosed with GAD, about 2 months ago. Always looking for more support, but I'm thankfully now on meds that are helping somewhat. At least I can still function. Looking forward to reading some member experiences with GAD.

Bunnyjager
02-13-2012, 01:00 PM
I was just diagnosed about 2 months ago too, I had the symptoms for about a year, but assumed it was the worst of course. Here is a funny story about my anxiety that may help. Before I was diagnosed the doctor wanted to make sure I was ok. So, she had me have some tests (blood, urine, thyroid). I got the test results a few days later. Even after rationalizing before I opened it that she wouldn't send me bad news in a letter, I still expected it. I was sitting in the car with my girlfriend and reading the results. I got to the last page and read "These results are excellent", I still freaked out. My skin got warm and tingly, I had to get out of the car and walk around doing breathing exercises. Eventually I relaxed and laughed about it later. It's funny what the brain can do.