PDA

View Full Version : false guilt and anxious thoughts

okami1995
02-07-2012, 12:54 PM
so lately I'm going through an anxiety phase, and at the moment I'm often getting false feelings of guilt, over things like stuff that I did for no reason but on hindsight seems weird. Not only that, but unpleasant thoughts are doing the rounds in my head, and it can make me extremely anxious at times. Even if I try distracting myself, the anxiety remains. What can I do to be rid of the false guilt and horrid thoughts.

jessed03
02-07-2012, 01:18 PM
Hey Okami

It sounds a little like anxiety with aspects of OCD. OCD is just a series of unwanted thoughts, feelings or desires in the body that sort of happen without initiation and aren't really started by you. It isn't a serious condition in relation to recovery, but it can obviously be distressing. It's nothing to worry about, as most anxiety covers a variety of spectrum's from panic attacks, to OCD, to hypochondria to social anxiety.

Do you have any rituals you perform or habits? or any desires to do something unusual, like shout something out, say something you wouldn't normally say, or do something that unsettles you?

okami1995
02-07-2012, 01:45 PM
thank you for answering