PDA

View Full Version : DR. GAVE ME PROZAC FOR ANXIETY, ANYONE KNOW ABOUT PROZAC?

Modularman
12-12-2006, 03:18 PM
The Dr. just gave me 20 mg prozac to take for my anxiety. It says some side effects are sick stomach, trembling (stomach butterflies) etc. This is why Im supposed to be taking this and its going to cause more of it? Anyone fill me in on this prozac? Thanks

mercy
12-12-2006, 07:41 PM
I am not too familiar with prozac. Its an older SSRI that has pretty much been wiped away by the newer medications. It was the most prescribed antidepressant of its kind but like I said, that was in the 80's.

Did your doctor give you adn type of benzo to control your anxiety while your taking this drug? ie (xanax, lorezapam, clonezapam) ?

Just so you know, SSRI's are not an over night drug, most of them take between 6-8 weeks to start fully working. If you need immediate anxiety relief ask your doc about a benzo to take with the Prozac.

Hope this helps.

newhere
12-16-2006, 08:08 PM
I take it (actually the generic fluoxetine). 20mg twice a day. Its ok... I have anxiety pushed by worry, hyper vigilence and maybe a touch of OCD. I was on lexapro for a bit and didn't like it. Don't know if the prozac helps alot, but I tolerate it well now.