PDA

View Full Version : getting rid of anxiety

okami1995
02-03-2012, 03:46 AM
Hello, I am 16 years old, and I have suffered from anxiety on and off throughout my life. I'm going through one such phase right now. Right now, a whole lot of random things can come and bother me. If I talk to someone and get it off my chest, something else just comes to bother me instead. Is there any way to end this cycle and get rid of anxiety permanently.

*pixiedust*
02-03-2012, 04:53 AM
This is also one of my problems. I seem to have to have something to worry about too! I have a lot of panic attacks and severe general anxiety disorder and I have been to the doctor, they have given me some antidepressants, which also help with anxiety. I notice you live in the uk. Have u tried contacting young minds? Their phone number is 08000182138. They may be able to give you very cheap counselling, i was told they ask for just £5 (i dont know if this is right-I'd ask when u ring up). There is also a company calledc no panic who are on 080880805445. They both have websites you could look at too?

Have you been to your doctor? They should be able to give you telephone numbers of local counsellors or support groups.

I hope this helps?
Much <3

okami1995
02-07-2012, 01:47 PM
thank you for your advice