PDA

View Full Version : some relief but still lost :(

kayla21
02-01-2012, 07:47 PM
well today i went to the doctor again , he checked my heart said it was fine. did a ekg and chest xray and checked my oxygen level everything was perfect. but i dont understand why i feel so weak,and im still scared i wont wake up.The doctor says its my anxiety, im on lexapro 10mg now this is my 2nd day on it. but he says my symptoms are real to me but it cant hurt me because its my anxiety.

sometimes with my sympoms i get different ones at times..sometimes i feel a little excitement of pain/ discomfort in my chest on the right, sometimes i feel im going numb and tingling in my hands and arms, and when i lay down i start to tingle and my heart starts to kinda race (i think because i ge scared) i just feel so weak, and so sick. yesterday when i went to see him i felt so nausea and aches and diarrhea..he said i caught a small virus. but i feel somewhat better then yesterday but i think my anxiety has made me so sick. i feel so useless and im so scared, even though im perfecly healthy the doctor says and the test show.

and also i plan on going to see a therapist to help deal with things as well.(embarassing) but i think it may help.

idk whats wrong my stomach hurts and idk if its the acid reflux and my anxiety making it worse..on top of catching a small virus :(

scared&worried
02-02-2012, 05:34 AM
Forwells is absoulutely right Kayla. All of those symptoms which you describe....I have been dealing with every single one of them!! I know how frustrating and scary they can be. They have slowly been diminishing as I have been focusing lots of attention on relaxation techniques. Last night I actually slept the entire night without waking up, and without tossing and turning. It was the best sleep that I had in 6 months. What was different about last night?? Well...last night before bed I tried a progressive relaxation technique, which includes lots of abdominal breathing. I felt so relaxed afterwards. The best part about the exercise...you don't think about anything at all, except for the relaxing instructions!! I never would have believed that something like that could work for me. But...when anxiety gets so bad, you become desperate and willing to try anything that has even a 1% chance of helping. I encourage you to check out the progressive relaxation/meditation. You can find many good techniques on YouTube. It's nice to wake up for a change, laying in the same position that you fell asleep. Good luck!