PDA

View Full Version : Questions i need answers to... please help

kayla21
02-01-2012, 08:04 AM
I feel like im loosing control of everything. ive been to the docotors and they said im fine over and over again. i cant seem to get myself to believe it. I think my panic attacks are taking control. I cant seem to get this "im gunna die" out of my head when i go to bed at night.Thats when it gets the worst. I always feel something is wrong. I just don't know what to do. i feel better when i look at posts and when i get things off my chest. i start to calm down.

well i have some questions i need help with:

can anxiety make you sick?
can you feel weak and dizzy from anxiety and attacks?
any advice on taking control of anxiety(besides medication)?
what can anxiety really make your body feel like (even if your not having attacks)?

please i need help..i always feel wierd now since ive had attacks in all. thats why i always think something is wrong.

stevie
02-01-2012, 08:35 AM
yup, anxiety can make you physically sick. it manifests itself through physical symptoms such as dizzyness, heart palps, nausea among others (a complete list in this forum).
seeing a therapist really helps. make sure you find one you like and trust. there are other things that can help like chamomile tea, dr. bach's rescue remedy and meditation.
personally, my body feels completely outta whack. im numb and dont care about things i used too, i'm sure self aware, uncomfortable etc. if it feels weird, it's probably anxiety.
best of luck!

scared&worried
02-01-2012, 01:24 PM
Hi Kayla. What sort of things have you done so far, to try and help yourself relax/feel better? Maybe we could offer some further suggestions. Just curious what you have tried, and what works for you and what doesn't.

A month ago, I was at the lowest point of my life. I thought it would be impossible to get feeling better. But I have been determined to feel better, and thanks to many great suggestions from friends, family, my therapist, and persons on this site, I feel like I am well on my way to turning things around.

Here are a few of the things which I have found helpful:

-counselling
-learning relaxation/breathing techniques
-swimming
-lots of chamomile tea
-re-decorate the bedroom to make it more relaxing
-more exercise
-avoid alcohol, avoid caffeine, avoid violent movies/tv shows, avoid GOOGLE!!!

There isn't one single thing that is going to fix you. You are going to have to try many things, and it will take some time. You need to be optimistic and determined (I know this can be really tough....you will look back at this tough part of your life, and be proud that you were able to overcome it).

I hope you start noticing small improvements!

S&W