PDA

View Full Version : What should I do? Physical or Panic / Anxiety?

MattNeedsAdvice
01-26-2012, 10:42 PM
Hey,

I am 26 years old and a student / athlete. I have dealt with panic issues before, but they seem to come and go. This summer oddly I joked with my friend that I had conquered panic attacks and no longer had them.

I started getting a few randomly at the gym, but they would not last too long after I got a glass of water or left the gym. After this hernia started showing its ugly face again, and I was gambling on sports.

I would get worked up so bad sometimes that I felt like I was going to explode, and I couldn't make myself come down. I ended up having even worse panic attacks, and just sitting at home not doing anything.

Being scared to do anything - now I feel like things aren't real life and seeing out of my head is not even normal.

I got my heart checked and all my blood work done -- everything is normal. What are your thoughts? Sorry my writing is terrible, justout of it.

alotofants
01-27-2012, 06:41 AM
Do you got only panic attacks, or u got some symptoms that are for allmost all the time just the strength of them changes?

alankay
01-27-2012, 07:47 AM
Mat, with the hernia adding to worry and the gambling trait(a small obsession), it could be you are indeed anxious and need to visit your doc and tell them all you're feeling. Anxiety commonly rears it head in the 20's and the sooner you get treatment the better. Is there anything else going on in your life, family wise/past/childhood that could be adding to or causing your anxiety?
Think it over and PM me any time. Alankay

MattNeedsAdvice
01-28-2012, 01:20 AM
I took some medications for the hernia - those pains have went away. The rest of the weird thoughts - not being able to feel my head are there all the time. Oddly, I remember the not being able to feel my head first started two years ago when I was at the park -- I felt like I was fading into the air.. then it happened playing cards two months ago... then at my friends house playing madden.

Now I feel like that all the time. Almost every facet of my life is messed up.

Is it normal to have head stuff with this? I made an appointment with a neurologist.

MattNeedsAdvice
01-28-2012, 01:30 AM
I feel like I am in a dream state - this is not real and seeing out of my eyes is not normal. I get scared over the littlest bump, like someone walking down the hallway in my apartment building, when before I was never like this.

I stopped going to the gym, because my heart beating fast would make me curl up like a little child. I am scared to jerk off when I used to jerk off every night before bed and sleep like a baby.

Sex is scary because it feels weird, like I can only feel my dick and I'm scared something will happen to my heart.

I had my heart checked out and they said its cool, but still.

MattNeedsAdvice
01-28-2012, 03:46 PM
I have stopped gambling, but seem to freak out at night time. Scared to go places.

Yesterday, I went for a walk, but got this sharp quick electric feeling under my 3-4th rib below my nipple yesterday. Hurt and then was gone in a bat of an eye.